Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cirque du Soleil

So my cousins are coming to stay with me for a few days and I was desperate for ideas for how to entertain them.  A friend of mine at work told me that Cirque de Soleil was coming to theaters for a few days (Aug 20-24th).  I haven't been to the live show but my friend said that is really a crazy visual experience so seeing it on a large theater screen should be entertaining.  I though I'd pass along the idea in case anyone was looking for kid friendly not too expensive stuff to do! 

Re: Cirque du Soleil

• It is absolutely incredible. Some people may think it is strange; but DH and I have been to two shows, and they were both awesome. We saw "La Nouba" and "Saltimbanco." "La Nouba" is at Disney, and we saw it on our honeymoon. It is AMAZING what these people do with there bodies, and the music is awesome. We bought the soundtracks to both shows. It is like a really AWESOME circus with no animals. It is neat and worth it. I say you should go; you will really enjoy it.
  • Be careful, not all of their shows are kid friendly.
  • Actually, I think all of the touring ones are pretty kid friendly. You can check. There is a Vegas one that is supposedly risque. I really think you will be ok. There were a ton of kids at ours. You can check the show for age appropriateness.
  • Oh I love their shows. Saw on in LA and was amazed.  Oh to be so flexible!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • As far as the non-kid friendly one, it is called Zoomanity, and definitely not for kids.  Cirque Du Soleil has awesome shows.  I have seen "0" 3 or for times, and each time it is amazing!  I have also seen "Ka" and "Mystere"...and again, amazing.  Its so cool that they are taking it to movie theatres, everyone should have the opportunity to see them without having to travel hundreds of miles.

I believe a couple of the operas and plays at the Met are also availible in theatres now, which is also very cool.