A poster was looking for a breakfast casserole, and I posted this one, although I hadn't made it yet. I made it, and it was SO GOOD!
I also made the CakeMixDoctor's Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate icing, and that was good too, although it turned out more "chocolate" looking than red (the type of cake mix you buy determines how red the cupcakes will turn out, even with the food coloring).
French Toast Bread Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Place the bread in two layers in a 9 x 13 x 2 square or oval baking dish, cutting to fit the dish, and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, honey, orange zest, vanilla and salt. Pour the mixture over the bread and press the bread down to soak completely.
4. Place the baking dish in a larger roasting pan. Add very hot tap water to come an inch up the side of the baking dish. Cover the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil, tenting it so the foil doesn't touch the pudding. Make two slashes in the foil to allow steam to escape. Bake for 34 minutes, remove the aluminum foil, and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes, until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
5. Using a small sieve, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve in squares with maple syrup for drizzling.