Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Amy

How are you feeling today? Still have the uncomfortable business going on?

Re: Amy

• Yep, still hurts like heck but I'm surviving. I'm 0% dilated, and 0% effaced so It's not labor. I just cried wolf. I described the back pain and cramping to my Dr and he said he would be surprised if I made it to the 7th so we will see. He is in the head down position but not locked in so there is still a chance he could turn but so far so good.

Then he did the growth US. He did the head circumference first and seemed really surprised by how big P's head is. He kept saying "well, he's gonna be a much bigger baby then I thought". Then he measured his femur (I guess the machine measures the two and gets an estimated weight?) and then seemed even more surprised by how much smaller his femur was than his head. He said according to the femur measurement P is 6 lbs 4 oz (normal) but his head is that of a larger weight baby.

I asked him if that was something to worry about and he said "probably not" and "maybe he just has a big head". At first we just laughed (G does have a big head) but now I can't stop thinking about it. I couldn't sleep last night worrying.  I know I'm making a big deal about nothing but I can't seem to stop obsessing about it.

I spent all night looking on the Internet for big headed babies..LOL. I "feel" he's fine but I'm freaking at the same time. Gee...and I used to be so normal.

Ugh...sorry to rant on. Maybe I should put this in the "are you a freak post"

• Oh Amy, don't worry! You can join the bobble head babies club with me! Eric has a HUGE head. When people see him now, they comment on how he is "finally growing into that head of his"
  • My nephew Jake has a huge noggin. He's finally growing into at 3 almost 4, but it's still large. They had to buy him an adult helmet for his scooter. Poor kid! He's pretty normal too. I mean he has a speech problem but that's not his head, that's he attached tongue
  • Trev's nephew has a big head, too. :) It's REALLY noticable in his baby pictures. He's almost 10 and I think he's finally growing into it. We don't notice it as much but the kids at school do, and kids at school are mean. :(
  • Yeah but Eric's big head = big brain. Look he can already put away coins better than G can. :0)

I know I'm being silly, hormonal, tired, and psycho but it's just the way the Dr. paused when he did the measurements that kinda threw me.

Anyway I know my Dr's a worry wort, he's done things like this to me for years. P's fine. I know it but you can just bet I'm gonna be checking out that head first thing when he comes out.

• "forget counting toes! How's his head look?!?"

Poor Amy! I'm sure he's great. I'd put money on it in Vegas.

• Oh, and I lost 5 lbs from last week. The NA asked me how I keep doing that I told her " I dunno, eat like a pig?" 

Ha...maybe P is using up all the calories to support his gigantic head.

• I'm so glad my dr didn't give me any extra info. He said he doesn't even like speculating about weight since it could be wrong and why bother getting the mom to worry about something else.

although I am getting kind of scared now. My mom told me that with most women the babies get bigger with each birth. Isabel was already 9lbs. I don't even want to think of anything bigger than that.

• Kat - I wish my Dr. was like yours. Seriously to say "probably not". What am I supposed to do with that?

BTW...I'm not worried about P looking weird 'cause he's got a big head. I'm worried his head is big 'cause something is wrong with him. 

• image G_Lo2be:

Ha...maybe P is using up all the calories to support his gigantic head.

LOL.

My nephew has a big head. Still such a cute baby though. He's 5 now and is growing into it, but still wears a larger hat size.

Just be glad you don't have to push that huge head out!

• image G_Lo2be:

Kat - I wish my Dr. was like yours. Seriously to say "probably not". What am I supposed to do with that?

BTW...I'm not worried about P looking weird 'cause he's got a big head. I'm worried his head is big 'cause something is wrong with him. 

I totally understand. That "probably" can just kill you. And I'm sure nothing is wrong. Like everyone says some babies just have big heads.