Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What's cooking this week

Re: What's cooking this week

• My fridge is totally bare. We don't even have an egg or any milk. Good thing Paige doesn't eat people food yet. We have plenty of similac and baby oatmeal. I may have to resort to that if I don't get my rear to the food store ASAP.
  • pasta and scallops

oven fried pork chops

chicken potpie

ny strip steak, baked potatoes and asparagus

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • tonight crab cakes and risotto

tomorrow stuffed chicken breasts and I don't know

the rest of the week I have no idea, need to grocery shop A.S.A.P.

• We are having stuffed peppers tonight. I haven't gotten any further this week.
  • tonight I am meeting friends for dinner

I took out pork chops yesterday to cook, didn't happen, and I doubt DH will cook them tonight, so I will probably be having pork chops tomorrow, oven fried

wednesday, not sure, maybe pasta

thursday made reservations for farmica

friday pork and kraut and mashed taters

• i am not cooking dinner this week since DH wont be home at all at night.

tonight a friend is coming over for sushi. Tomorrow me and the boys will grab something quick since we will be out and about. Wednesday is my dad's birthday- plans to go to Fago de Chao or whoever you spell that. Thursday we are heading to a family party. And Friday is our big open house. if you know where i live, you are welcome to attend Big Smile

i will be cooking lots for the party and open house: bbq pork, meatballs, pasta salad, cupcakes, chili, turkey roll ups, veggie soup and the rest is still TBD

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • who knows.

tonight i am home alone and i will be on my own for dinner tomorrow night as well.  maybe meatball sammich from yesterdays pasta.

wednesday- out and about with friends

thursday- who knows.  no plans are solid yet but it looks more and more like baltimore

friday- pork tenderloin

weekend- i really, really, really need to food shop and re-stock the freezer.

• Made chicken tacos in the crock pot last night.

We have leftover ground beef from the weekend, so probably burgers tonight.

Cheese and bacon chicken in the crock pot tomorrow.

Don't know about Wednesday, and then we're headed down the shore on Thursday.

I got a crock pot recipe book for Christmas, so I'm going to be trying a lot of new stuff from that in the near future.

• image jessicah628:

Made chicken tacos in the crock pot last night.

I got a crock pot recipe book for Christmas, so I'm going to be trying a lot of new stuff from that in the near future.

please share the cheese and bacon recipe. pretty please

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • image MsKellDel:
    image jessicah628:

Made chicken tacos in the crock pot last night.

please share the cheese and bacon recipe. pretty please

I'll have to copy down the exact recipe when I'm home, but basically it's made with a mixture of ranch dressing and teriyaki sauce, and then topped with crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar. Not the healthiest thing out there, but sounds delish. I'll let you know how it turns out.