Upstate NY Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What are your plans for NYE?

We don't have any plans.  DH and I are both off and it's our 5 year anniversary.  We might try to go to a late lunch/early dinner.

Re: What are your plans for NYE?

• We don't have any either. I think DH is working til 9 but I am off. We can get together and party with the kiddos if you want. There is wine and beer at my house. :)
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    image babies
    baby growth
  • We are visiting friends in SC.  We'll be making a Thanksgiving-type dinner, playing the Wii and drinking.  Ok, they will be drinking, I will be enjoying my ginger ale!  But I am looking forward to a small glass of chapmagne at midnight!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • We're staying in, making pizza and drinking champagne.
    image image image
  • We made a double date reservation at The Melting Pot with my sis and he boyfriend. Then we will head over to my IL's annual party.
    image image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We made early dinner reservations with my ILs, then we will just come home and hang out. 
  • We will be in VT for s romantic weekend! I am so ready to de-stress after the holidays!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • We really have no definite plans yet.  We'll be at my family's, and my parents usually do dinner with my aunts and grandparents, then go home and are asleep by 10:30.  One of my college friends invited us to a party her dad is having, so we might stop by there for a bit.  We'll probably just wait and see how we feel.  Sounds so exciting, right?  :-0 
    July 19, 2008

My Food Blog

• As of now, nothing. With having a baby this year I don't mind staying home and hanging out. Our neighbors might come by for dinner or something, but nothing is definite yet. It'll be a miracle if I even make it to midnight!
  • Staying in for sure. My mom and godmother both offered to take Evan so we could go out, but I think NYE is over rated... too crowded and expensive. We have gone out in the past and always have more fun when we stay in.

We plan on having a late dinner after Evan goes to bed... lobster bisque and bacon wrapped filet.  Then hanging out watching a movie or playing wii (I got super mario bros and it is SO FUN!) Maybe I'll try and nap during the day so I can actually make it till midnight!

Saturday my mom is taking Evan for a sleepover and we are going to the movies to see Avatar and grab some dinner and drinks out.

• image jewelsonu:
    We don't have any plans.  DH and I are both off and it's our 5 year anniversary.  We might try to go to a late lunch/early dinner.

that is so cool that you guys got married on NYE! I have always wanted to go to a NYE wedding.

• I think we're headed to a friend's house for a big party and lots of drinks. Depending on how many drinks I have, I may end up visiting my fav nhl player who lives right around the corner from the host's house. That could be interesting haha :)
  • image MelissaSue81:
    We don't have any either. I think DH is working til 9 but I am off. We can get together and party with the kiddos if you want. There is wine and beer at my house. :)

I think you and I with wine and designated drivers could be a blast.

• I am going back to work that day.  I planned on going back next week, but seeing as it is a holiday, it will be a really QUIET day to go in a get settled, before I go back full force and get bombarded with things next week :).  DH and I will most likely cook a nice dinner and snuggle with our little guy.  We will be very lucky if we end up seeing midnight (Evan will definitely be sleeping) We can celebrate with a cup of coffee in the am :)
    image image PHOTO Credit: Meryl :) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image jewelsonu:

image MelissaSue81:
    We don't have any either. I think DH is working til 9 but I am off. We can get together and party with the kiddos if you want. There is wine and beer at my house. :)

I think you and I with wine and designated drivers could be a blast.

ooo can i get in on that action? ;) 

image image image