Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Let's talk shopping

I have to go to Costco. Ugh, can you imagine how bad it will be today?! I have to pick up a Rx or I would skip it.

For any other last minute shopping, go late. I went last night. Bell Square and Alderwood are open late ('til 10pm... double check for tonight). Target was open until midnight (again, double check your local). I went to Alderwood at 8pm, just as the crowd was starting to thin. I got a great parking space right in front of Nordies. The outdoor mall was not crowded at all... as in, I was the only person in some of the stores. I didn't venture in to the middle old mall part, but it didn't seem crowded.

I hope that helps you if you have a few last minute things to get.

Any other places that are good to shop? Best times? Any great deals?

Is Nordies men's sale starting the day after Christmas?

Newlyweds since 2007

Re: Let's talk shopping

• I know that for me, Amazon.com is so great. I just ordered a cute little toy for my 6-month-old niece, and it'll be delivered tomorrow, and shipping was only $3.99 because I'm a Prime member. :) So, that helps me big time, since we're leaving tonight for Bellingham and won't be back until Sunday.

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image picksthemusic:

I know that for me, Amazon.com is so great. I just ordered a cute little toy for my 6-month-old niece, and it'll be delivered tomorrow, and shipping was only $3.99 because I'm a Prime member. :) So, that helps me big time, since we're leaving tonight for Bellingham and won't be back until Sunday.

I love amazon, too. I ordered tons of stuff (90% of my haul) and had it delivered to New Orleans. That way I avoid having to take it on the plane and pay $$$ for checked bags. YAY amazon. I'm just working on that last 10%... because we also open on Christmas Eve... and, I need more stocking stuffers for Christmas morning.

I'm also on a desperate search for PetShop's electronic toy that has games. Amazon had it, but I wanted it for my 8 year old to play with on the long flight to NOLA. Target and Fred Meyer don't have it.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • You're smarter than I am!  I had to venture into Target and Barnes and Noble today in Woodinville.  B & N had a line about 30 people long, but I browsed for an extra forty minutes or so and they had taken care of it and my wait was super short.  Phew!  Target was a nut house...
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did most of mine online this year as well. I did go to Costco in South Hill on Monday and it was crazy! It was first thing in the morning right after they opened and the place looked as though it was Saturday afternoon it was so crowded
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • image kaskade:
    You're smarter than I am!  I had to venture into Target and Barnes and Noble today in Woodinville.  B & N had a line about 30 people long, but I browsed for an extra forty minutes or so and they had taken care of it and my wait was super short.  Phew!  Target was a nut house...

If you need anything else from the Woodinville Target, go tonight after 10pm. You'll have the place to yourself until midnight. They also have a ton of staff to help you. The worker said that they work overnight to restock and organize. Surprisingly, they were all cheerful and helpful. Maybe the staff in the pm is just coming on shift at 10pm.

Newlyweds since 2007