Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dancing = cheating?

My friend and I were talking about the Jersey Shore and the whole "battling on the dance floor" comment came up.  She thinks dancing (grinding) is cheating.  I disagree.  I think it's disrespectful to your SO and I don't think I would do it but I still don't catagorize it as cheating.  Thoughts?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Dancing = cheating?

• I don't think it is cheating as long as it sticks at dancing.

I have a friend who thinks you shouldn't sleep over anywhere when you are married. She got all upset with me because I slept over my other friend and her hubands house on the couch after drinking to much wine to drive home safetly. My DH knew where I was and had no problem, would rather be me be safe etc. She freaked out, btw she is not married or even dating anyone seriously

• Well, obviously the question is, were they grainding to R&B or house music?  It makes all the difference.

But no, I do not think dancing is cheating.  I think it has the potential to be disrespectful.  There is a difference between how  I may dance with, say, a dude in a red afro wig in McFaddens after a Phillies game in full view of my husband, and how I may dance out a bar in a slut-bag ho top when he is home minding my cats.

Also, this post makes me realize that I dance in front of my husband a lot.  And so do my friends.

ETA:  Not that I dance out in a slut bag ho top

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • ugh i am so two faced on this comment. dancing is okay sort of, if someones hand is touching me or crotch for that matter I am not okay.
  • image amy052006:

Well, obviously the question is, were they grainding to R&B or house music?  It makes all the difference.

But no, I do not think dancing is cheating.  I think it has the potential to be disrespectful.  There is a difference between how  I may dance with, say, a dude in a red afro wig in McFaddens after a Phillies game in full view of my husband, and how I may dance out a bar in a slut-bag ho top when he is home minding my cats.

Also, this post makes me realize that I dance in front of my husband a lot.  And so do my friends.

You are SO right! haha remember when JWOWW was on the phone with her bf and she was like, "we were batteling it out to house music!" And her boyfriend was like, "oh. ok. nevermind. cool." haha

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • What if it's Jamaican dub style and you're dancing with an islander?

(it recently occurred to me that this is just a dance style and not any indication that the islander grinder wants to get into your pants)

Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • image amy052006:

Love this.

I definitely dance in front of DH, sometimes with friends (guy or girl), sometimes with random dude on dance floor.  He just rolls his eyes and laughs, mostly because I'm a terrible dancer, and when this happens, I've got quite a few in me.  I'm sure I've unintentionally done some dancing that could be considered disrespectful/rude, but he is OK and knows it's in good fun.

Also, I liked J-WOWW's dance move where she ran to Pauly and jumped up and straddled him in one swift move.  I asked DH if he would be OK with me trying that one out, and he said to go for it, it will be hysterical to see me lying on the floor when I mess it up.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12