Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ibkatieg re: 00's

seems like aughties may be something? 

from projectrungay SATC post

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/2009/12/sex-and-city-2-trailer.html

"back in the late '90s/early aughties on Sunday nights."

Re: ibkatieg re: 00's

• I have always heard it's the naughties (naught meaning 000).
    Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • So funny! I just read that post independently and immediately hopped on the google:

On January 1, 2000, the BBC listed "The Noughties" (derived from "nought", a word used for zero in many English-speaking countries) as a potential moniker for the new decade.[3] This word, with its sardonic double entendre, has had some coinage in the popular media of Ireland,[4][5]Devil[7]Music Australia,[9][10] and the United Kingdom.[11][12] Orthographically, the decade can be written as "2000s" or "'00s". Some people read "2000s" as "two-thousands" and thus simply refer to the decade as "the two-thousands". Some read it as the "00s" (pronouced "Ohs"), as the single years within the decade are usually refered to as starting with an "Oh", such as "Oh-Eight". Others advocate the term "The Aughts", which was widely used at the beginning of the last century[13], sometimes even combining it with "Naught" to put a linguistic twist on the time period, such as "The Naught Aughts", "The Naughts", "The Aughts", and even "The Naughty Aughties".[14] 

I'm afraid I can't say "Noughties" or "Naughty Aughties" without my best/worst Madonna-like faux British accent.  DH suggested the "pre-teens", which makes me feel like this was only a decade in waiting for the Teens.  

• I've learned a new word : Orthographically. 

I can't pull off the naughties. i'm going with aughties i think. but i haven't had to say it outloud yet - we'll see. i could also go with the Oh's.

additionally, i'm still excited for the movie even though i know i shouldn't be. :)  

• I did not like SATC 1.  I will definitely see SATC 2, knowing full well I'll leave just as annoyed for the same reasons as 1.  

Love TLo. Agree with them totally in that post.

I'm going with D2K and if/when it catches on I will cash in.  Somehow. 

• I watched Shawshank Redemption over the weekend and there's a line of dialogue, "it must've been aught four or aught five..." when talking about the year of Brooks incarceration.

I love that movie and I get sucked in every.time.it's.on.