Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Confession Wednesday!

Ok...let's spice up the AM on this freezing cold day before (for most) a holiday! 

Re: Confession Wednesday!

• Mine is completely dumb, but...

I have never heard a Lady Gaga song. Never seen her perform on TV.  Just the random photos in People Magazine or pop culture news online. 

• i didnt shower today b/c i was too cold and feel very gross.
  • I think some of my holiday breads came out bad, I wrapped and sent them to DH's boss and co-worker anyway. I was way to tired to remake.
  • i am so tired of people using "you can't/shouldn't judge other people" as an excuse for their irresponsible and immature behavior.  if you're being an a$$hole, don't be mad when you get called out on your sh!t
    image Ridin dirty
  • image Tianacheron:
    i am so tired of people using "you can't/shouldn't judge other people" as an excuse for their irresponsible and immature behavior.  if you're being an a$$hole, don't be mad when you get called out on your sh!t

Amen.  Furthermore, I call BS on people who say they don't judge.  A)  You are most likely judging me for judging, so you do judge.  2)  It isn't possible not to judge.  Candycane)  You are a liar.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I feel like I am letting everything stress me out WAY TOO MUCH lately.  It can't be good and it takes away from my fun factor.
    Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • image amy052006:

image Tianacheron:
    i am so tired of people using "you can't/shouldn't judge other people" as an excuse for their irresponsible and immature behavior.  if you're being an a$$hole, don't be mad when you get called out on your sh!t

Amen.  Furthermore, I call BS on people who say they don't judge.  A)  You are most likely judging me for judging, so you do judge.  2)  It isn't possible not to judge.  Candycane)  You are a liar.

I agree with this.  That whole discussion awhile back about judging.  A bunch of bs.  Everyone judges.

• image laptopprancer:
    I feel like I am letting everything stress me out WAY TOO MUCH lately.  It can't be good and it takes away from my fun factor.

Do you think it is the holiday factor that is ramping the stress level up?  Almost annually, I find that the last week before Christmas I can be really stressed out and bitchy trying to balance events/fun factor.  It never fails, I see this stress as a surprise...I guess I block it out from year to year. 

• the only thing that really gets me revved up - in a bad way -is my block. I cannot send enough sicky sweet messages to ahole landlords about garbage, and now snow removal.  one guy just wrote to me that he cares and has ideas on how to make it better.  YEAH RIGHT, diiick.  YOUR properties are THE WORST!

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • image rumdrinx:

the only thing that really gets me revved up - in a bad way -is my block. I cannot send enough sicky sweet messages to ahole landlords about garbage, and now snow removal.  one guy just wrote to me that he cares and has ideas on how to make it better.  YEAH RIGHT, diiick.  YOUR properties are THE WORST!

Rum, I know how you feel. We used to have a similar problem on our block with one landlord in particular.  I'd send him emails about his property's trash overflowing (with pictures)...and his dumba$$ response was "we put alot of money into our properties!"  Yeah, well you can put lipstick on a pig...

I got sick of his BS responses and told him that I would no longer give him the courtesy of a heads-up email; all complaints would go directly to our Codes dept.  He and I don't have a problem anymore.  Since you are in the City, I'm assuming that L&I doesn't get involved as quickly as our little borough can...but...it's always an option.  Remind him that. Also, the City requires a rental license for all properties (http://webapps.phila.gov/li/UpdDocs/81-900.pdf); I wonder if all of his are up to date?

• image laptopprancer:
    I feel like I am letting everything stress me out WAY TOO MUCH lately.  It can't be good and it takes away from my fun factor.

me too! and i'm thinking that i'm going to have a mean baby because of it!

image Ridin dirty
  • I have 0 Christmas spirit this year. Christmas is my favorite holiday but I'm just not feeling it this year.

I think I spent way too much money on my son for Christmas this year. I grew up as a spoiled only child where you could barely see the tree and I fear I'm creating a monster and doing the same with my son. There's always next year I guess. Next year I'll do better.

FIL is coming down to our house today and is saying until Dec 30th. Then he's coming back down Jan 8th and is staying until Feb 15th. I have so many emotions about it going on in my head right now and I fear me having complete blowup with him staying for over a month. It's just too much. I'll leave it at that.

Lastly, I told my husband last night that I had to work late but I really went to On The Border for 2 dollar Jager shots and some Coronas with a friend from work.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Someone left a note on my windshield about parking.  I laughed and crumbled it up.

• i think that sometimes family is more trouble than they are worth, i used to have a pretty close immediate family, but i now only speak to/associate with 1 of my 3 sisters (as of yesterday) and my mom.  people tell me i'll regret if/when something happens to one of them or me, guess we'll just have to wait and see bc as of right now, i'm okay with it.
    image Ridin dirty
  •  my husband dyes my hair for me
  • I feel like a jacka$$.  DH's friend and his g/f had a baby a few months ago, and every time I go on FB, the friend's status update is 'going to the club!' or 'tailgating for the Eagles!' so I made snippy comments to DH about how nice it must be for his friend to have a baby and shove the responsibility onto others to watch the kid while he and g/f go out (literally it's at least 5 nights a week).

Yesterday, DH was talking to friend, and turns out g/f has BAD post-partum depression, to the point that she won't deal with the kid.  She also refuses to go to work.  So DH's friend has been working, then coming home to care for their son- and DH's friend said he hates their son now too, because he resents the change the son caused in the g/f, and their relationship.

So, basically, I judged, and now feel terrible.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • image Tianacheron:

image laptopprancer:

me too! and i'm thinking that i'm going to have a mean baby because of it!

lol, the mean baby comment made me laugh!

I don't know if it's holiday related or not... I think somewhat but moreso I think it's just a continuing reminder that I need to find someplace to work for people who aren't batshiit crazy.

But it is probably a little holiday related, too. 

And blizzard related... but like last night, I was NUTS trying to get home so I could get a parking space.  Like I had myself wound up into a state over it and when I got to my neighborhood there was actually still plenty of parking around 6pm.  It took me like an hour to calm down... granted it was my first after work park in my neighborhood after a major snow event so I didn't quite know what to expect but naturally my mind made it out like it was going to be a horror show.

• image Tianacheron:
    i think that sometimes family is more trouble than they are worth, i used to have a pretty close immediate family, but i now only speak to/associate with 1 of my 3 sisters (as of yesterday) and my mom.  people tell me i'll regret if/when something happens to one of them or me, guess we'll just have to wait and see bc as of right now, i'm okay with it.

My husband doesn't speak to one of his brothers and for a while I was all pushy about them reconciling because of FAMILY and then DH made me realize that maybe it being family is totally irrelevant and that it's just some lofty ideal we all subscribe to for no good reason other than to drive ourselves crazy.

• image Jamiedoll01:

I feel like a jacka$$.  DH's friend and his g/f had a baby a few months ago, and every time I go on FB, the friend's status update is 'going to the club!' or 'tailgating for the Eagles!' so I made snippy comments to DH about how nice it must be for his friend to have a baby and shove the responsibility onto others to watch the kid while he and g/f go out (literally it's at least 5 nights a week).

Yesterday, DH was talking to friend, and turns out g/f has BAD post-partum depression, to the point that she won't deal with the kid.  She also refuses to go to work.  So DH's friend has been working, then coming home to care for their son- and DH's friend said he hates their son now too, because he resents the change the son caused in the g/f, and their relationship.

So, basically, I judged, and now feel terrible.

eh.  I think that you should still judge because that is a SUPER douchey thing that the guy said about the baby and his g/f.

meanwhile _ i just ripped the landlord on the block a new assss. I cannot stand him.  I told him I have about 3 more emails to him left in me re his property and then I am going to report him.  I care, he says, I care! I know people on the block! I can do things!  he says.

I said, well, prove it because you told me that 1.5 yrs ago and I have seen NOTHING but trouble coming from your properties. Nothing.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • All my communication with MIL this week has been a reminder how Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus and how it's always been considered such a sacred holiday for HER family.  I refrain from emailing her that I'm a gentile and that I don't believe Jesus is real.  She would go into a tailspin even though she knows this piece of information.
    DX: Premature ovarian failure
    ::::SAIFW::::: People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute. - Rebecca West
    WE'VE BEEN MATCHED WITH A SWEET LITTLE BOY!! -4/5/11
  • As an only child of parents that have had on/off relationships with their siblings currently and over the years, I thank my lucky stars I am their only.  Most of the conflicts generated when the last surviving parent died...conflicts over money, over property, etc.  Makes me realize--that while terribly difficult and permanent--all decisions end with me. 

My "family" is my mom, dad, husband and the rest are either first cousins (most of them are close in age to my parents) or family friends.

• image laptopprancer:

image Tianacheron:
    i think that sometimes family is more trouble than they are worth, i used to have a pretty close immediate family, but i now only speak to/associate with 1 of my 3 sisters (as of yesterday) and my mom.  people tell me i'll regret if/when something happens to one of them or me, guess we'll just have to wait and see bc as of right now, i'm okay with it.

My husband doesn't speak to one of his brothers and for a while I was all pushy about them reconciling because of FAMILY and then DH made me realize that maybe it being family is totally irrelevant and that it's just some lofty ideal we all subscribe to for no good reason other than to drive ourselves crazy.

exactly!! why do i have to like/talk to or respect you just because we share a common relative?!?!

image Ridin dirty
  • tiana- my father has not spoke to his only sister in 25 years... and sometimes I think they must just be stubborn but maybe they do it for better reasons then i can understand right now
  • image scatterbrainliz:
      I refrain from emailing her that I'm a gentile and that I don't believe Jesus is real.

Gentiles encompass all non-Jews; this includes Christians and non-believers, too.  

• Both of my parents have a sibling they don't speak to, for assorted reasons.  I think it's fairly common.

I agree, I don't think that family needs to be the final word for relationships. 

• image erbur78:

As an only child of parents that have had on/off relationships with their siblings currently and over the years, I thank my lucky stars I am their only.  Most of the conflicts generated when the last surviving parent died...conflicts over money, over property, etc.  Makes me realize--that while terribly difficult and permanent--all decisions end with me. 

My "family" is my mom, dad, husband and the rest are either first cousins (most of them are close in age to my parents) or family friends.

I think it is a whole lot easier to be judgy on this type of behavior when you haven't experienced family trouble issues. In my family both sides we all get along great and generaly enjoy seeing each other. We have always had good relations when family passed and things need to be divided etc.

However now that I am in DH's family I see some members who act a fool and I can see why you would eventually give up on them family or not, it is just to draining. For example DH's one brother who is a drug addict has stolen from all of, us, been in repeated re-habs, robbed his mother's jewlery last christmas eve and had her crying in church etc. His latest escapade is taking and totaling my FIL's car. I am getting at a point where I don't want to talk to him or see him , family or not.

• We are driving to IL's house on Christmas Day, possible Christmas Eve if we need to leave early because of the storm.  This is horrible confession and it makes me feel really bratty, but I'd give anything for it to snow or be too bad for us to drive 4 hrs so DH and I can have Christmas alone together.  And it's MIL's 60th on Christmas day, so that's what makes it even more horrible.

BIL was stuck at my house from last Wednesday-Sunday and I was so annoyed with him being stuck because of the storm, that I don't even really feel like seeing him at all over xmas at all.  I filled my BIL quota for the year and I might go BSC if he says or does something that pisses me off.  And he's coming back to stay with us after Christmas for a few more days.  

• confession: I did not know we were supposed to be getting a storm! White Christmas? yes?

Looking it up now.  Thanks Julie!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image HeatherWain:

confession: I did not know we were supposed to be getting a storm! White Christmas? yes?

Looking it up now.  Thanks Julie!

It's supposed to just be rain around here.  Starting Christmas afternoon going into Saturday.
  • image erbur78:

As an only child of parents that have had on/off relationships with their siblings currently and over the years, I thank my lucky stars I am their only.  Most of the conflicts generated when the last surviving parent died...conflicts over money, over property, etc.  Makes me realize--that while terribly difficult and permanent--all decisions end with me. 

Erbur, same here! I am so thankful that I'm an only child, too. I realize it's a lot to handle on your on with the death of parents and such but H is 1 of 6... with his parents still alive... and this siblings already all 'joke' around about what good stuff they are going to get when their parents die and they joke about how it's going to be WW3 with who gets what (even though MIL/FIL have wills).