Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Over Christmas cards? Really? (Long vent)

So ticked at DH right now. Love him to pieces, but he was just the biggest jerkface this morning. UGH. We'd gotten Christmas cards on Sunday, and I guess he was the Perfect Prince and had his for his side of the family filled out and ready to go by Monday. Apparently I was the Procrastination Queen and brought mine for my side to work with me so I could fill them out and get them addressed. He got his undies in a twist because he couldn't sign them with his little messages that he always does. So I brought them home with me, but we forgot (I say we because he was perfectly capable of remembering just as much as I was) because we were watching Christmas movies, and just let it slip. Fast forward to this morning, where he totally bites my head off about how "I guess you're going to get all the glory now because I don't have time to sign the cards", or something to that effect. And he was totally serious, completely being rude. So I called him on it, and he blew me off, continuing to get ready to leave. And when I called him on being rude, he just shook his head, ignoring me, not even apologizing. I got upset, and then he kind of made a weird gesture towards me, but I didn't do anything. Then he says, "Okay, well I guess I won't kiss you goodbye," and just... it just was so childish and silly and over Christmas cards. I just couldn't believe he could be so rude to me, when we'd had a perfectly normal morning. I don't know.

If you got this far, thank you. LOL I just needed to vent. I'm just trying to decide if I want to wait for him to break the ice, or if I should just wait for him to realize he was being a total baby this morning.

I hate it when we fight like this over silly things.

greenbaby
BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Over Christmas cards? Really? (Long vent)

• I'm sorry.  It always seems like the silly fights make me the angriest, because you know they're stupid even while you're in the middle of them.

Hopefully you guys have it all figured out by tonight. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Live and learn for next year, and let him do ALL the cards and sign your name with his after the little note. I honestly do not look al that hard at who wrote what on a card...usually just count it as the couple/ family.
  • wow! that sucks that the fight was over something so silly... but be happy that your dh likes to be so involved with the cards! i couldn't even get my scrooge, er, dh to stamp the envelopes. Confused
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • My ex-H and I got in a big fight over cheese once. At the grocery store. It was hilarious, more so in hindsight!

• I'm sorry...that's really annoying!

DH and I got in a fight on our way to church on Sunday over a bathroom remodel.  A bathroom remodel that we haven't in any way, shape, or form gotten started on.  I finally pointed out that it was stupid that we were arguing over a completely hypothetical situation.

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • awww, that sucks!  we fight over petty stuff all the time and then have to call time out at how ridiculous it is...are you really fighting with me over the last piece of ham???  lol.  i'm married to a four year old :)

i just got my cards in the mail today...talk about procrastination...i should have put happy new year in all of them...haha.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I know for a fact that DH and I have these kinds of tiffs from time to time. But I could not tell you what a single one of them was about! I guess that shows how insignificant they are in the grand scheme of things.

Avila - I cracked up reading your comment - I love how these things happen on the way to church of all places. More often than not, that's when our little spats take place. You'd think we'd learn to be nice by now :)

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • Been there, done that. We literally were yelling and slamming doors over a stupid argument on Thanksgiving about trimming the dogs nails. I swear men get PMS the same way we do. Chalk it up to holiday stress or something, but don't let it ruin your day. When all else fails, hug it out! :)
  • That sucks. Sad But I think we've had similar little arguments - it's never ok, but I know I get snippy and unreasonably crabby like that when I'm stressed, and this time of the year is uber-stressful!

It's funny, because I actually got snippy yesterday morning when H asked me to sign three more cards. He didn't get the addresses until the night before, and wanted to get them sent out. I was already running late to catch my bus when he asked me to sign them. Pretty sure my signature on them is just my scribbly initials, a la signing off on work documents. Embarrassed And that's on cards going to his relatives.

• *sings* It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha, thanks for all the responses. :) We worked it out, and now looking forward to tacos while watching Love Actually tonight. We do this sometimes, but I guess we're both a little more sensitive with the holidays and everything. :) The cards will just have to be late this year. :)
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image Fitzfern:
    I swear men get PMS the same way we do.

DH would agree to this, he calls it Man-struation.

Because we all know there is so much 'glory' in Christmas cards... ridiculous. Men are silly.
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/4hz6u.jpg[/IMG]

My Sweet Wee Girl ? 03.19.11