Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

CornFed (or any watch lovers)

Well, Nate, since you and M apparently have the same taste in watches, I thought I'd get your input here. ;)

I want to give M a nice watch to sort of commemorate the birth of his first child (he's already gotten me a gorgeous ring that will be my christmas/anniversary/v-day/push gift!). I can't afford a Rolex or anything, but maybe something in the $300-$500 range? 

Re: CornFed (or any watch lovers)

• a citizen watch?  not nice enough?
  • Nate is down with the citizen. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here's the watch he wears as his everyday ( Citizen ), so I was thinking something a little dressier, nicer, that he would wear on special occasions.

(This is also the one Nate was wearing when we met him! :D )

• I clearly don't love my husband as much as you and ash love your husbands.....but its a really really nice watch.

Ashley helped me alot when watch shopping for B for his anni gift.

• image jessleigh659:

I clearly don't love my husband as much as you and ash love your husbands.....but its a really really nice watch.

Ha! Well, M doesn't really have any expensive material vices except watches -- he inexplicably loves them (but then, so does his dad!). So I let him have this one thing. ;)

• image MellsBells:
    image jessleigh659:

I clearly don't love my husband as much as you and ash love your husbands.....but its a really really nice watch.

Ha! Well, M doesn't really have any expensive material vices except watches -- he inexplicably loves them (but then, so does his dad!). So I let him have this one thing. ;)

Whatever you decide PIP.  One year I will be able to splurge and get him a big boy watch!  

Whats funny is he never wore a watch until going through basic...now its like he is going to die if he doesn't get one!   

• H loves watches too. He has been dying for a Tag Hauer ever since i have known him. But he one he wants is like $2000... yikes. 
  • image katieg314:
    H loves watches too. He has been dying for a Tag Hauer ever since i have known him. But he one he wants is like $2000... yikes. 

I know; those are so expensive! When we were in Jared getting my ring cleaned this weekend, I asked him to point out a few watches so that I could get to know his watch "style." He loved all the Tag Hauer ones, of course, and that was it!

• image MellsBells:

Well, Nate, since you and M apparently have the same taste in watches, I thought I'd get your input here. ;)

I want to give M a nice watch to sort of commemorate the birth of his first child (he's already gotten me a gorgeous ring that will be my christmas/anniversary/v-day/push gift!). I can't afford a Rolex or anything, but maybe something in the $300-$500 range? 

I got my H a TAG for our wedding at an outlet so it was 50% off.  I found this website and it seems to have a lot of nice watches, might be worth looking at for some ideas.  www.thewatchery.com

I would also try Sams or Costco, lately they have had TAGs in store.

• image jsmyth612:
    image MellsBells:

I got my H a TAG for our wedding at an outlet so it was 50% off.  I found this website and it seems to have a lot of nice watches, might be worth looking at for some ideas.  www.thewatchery.com

I love this website already; thank you! And I'll definitely check out Sam's. I always forget about Sam's.

• image MellsBells:
    image jsmyth612:
    image MellsBells:

I love this website already; thank you! And I'll definitely check out Sam's. I always forget about Sam's.

Good!  I'm glad I could help!

• Since you asked...

My new favorite watches right now are Kenneth Cole watches that have glass fronts and backs, letting you see all the moving components inside the watch.

Link to watch on KennethCole.com

There are quite a few varieties of the "see-through" watch available, even though there aren't very many on the Kenneth Cole website at the moment.

If I think of any more tomorrow, I'll be sure to come back and post them.  For now, it's about bed time.

• image CornFed:

Since you asked...

My new favorite watches right now are Kenneth Cole watches that have glass fronts and backs, letting you see all the moving components inside the watch.

Link to watch on KennethCole.com

There are quite a few varieties of the "see-through" watch available, even though there aren't very many on the Kenneth Cole website at the moment.

If I think of any more tomorrow, I'll be sure to come back and post them.  For now, it's about bed time.

omg, I love it. I think that might be "the one." Seriously, it's hawt!

• I love it!!  Good choice Nate and Mells!  I love that pewter color, very hot!