Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What books are you asking for this year?

So far on my list I've got DIA, although I still need to read Outlander :)

The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Kite Runner

Bitter is the New Black

Re: What books are you asking for this year?

• An Echo in the Bone

that's it Smile

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• I gave a huge list (basically my GR TBR list) to my husband... but I really want (and highlighted as such):

Shiver

Fallen

Hush, Hush

Apparently it's a YA Christmas for me! Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ABOSAA--even tho I still need to read TFC but I got that via PBS a few weeks ago

Bed of Roses

The Luxe

HP5

Club Dead

• I want a specific cookbook: Pie in the Sky

but I don't know if I will ask for it or not.  I usually get gift cards to barnes and noble.

• The Luxe, Shiver, My Sister's Keeper, The Lost Symbol, and I just added Hush Hush.  ETA and I just added the first three books from the Vampire Academy series.  Darn this board! Big Smile

• I'm not sure yet.  The only people who would buy me any books are my dad, mom, and grandma.  My FI and his parents all think I read too much and have too many books.  Every time his mom asks what I want for Christmas and I say "books," she says, "Oh no. You don't need any more books.  Pick something else."    Books make me happiest, though.
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • image denmanam:
    I'm not sure yet.  The only people who would buy me any books are my dad, mom, and grandma.  My FI and his parents all think I read too much and have too many books.  Every time his mom asks what I want for Christmas and I say "books," she says, "Oh no. You don't need any more books.  Pick something else."    Books make me happiest, though.

MIL says the same thing.  She just doesn't understand...

• Splendor here!
    Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • Ford County by John Grisham
  • I never ask for books for Christmas. If anything I'd rather just get a giftcard so I can purchase whatever books catch my eye at the time.
    image Emily 7-10-04
    My Food Blog Visit The Nest!
  • I'm asking for a some of the Penguin classics that I saw on Amazon that are bound in cloth covers- they're so beautiful.

http://www.amazon.com/Sense-Sensibility-Penguin-Classics-Austen/dp/0141040378/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259670852&sr=8-1

image image image
  • I asked for B&N and Borders gift cards so I can pick stuff for myself.  I'm mostly a library girl, and I'm picky about what books I decide to actually spend money on.

But when I tried to get Tommy Lee's autobio, Tommyland, from the library over the weekend and they didn't have it, DH told me we should buy it, so I told him he should get it for me for Christmas.  I also plan on asking for the big paperback of Voyager, even though DIA has been sitting on my TBR pile for two months (I'm saving it for the cold, dreary days of January), and for the next couple of books in Ken Bruen's Inspector Brant series - they never have them in stores here and you can only get them online.

Also BR on my Christmas list: a B&N membership so I can get the discounts, and a booklight.

• Echo in the Bone, the whole Southern Vampires collection, and The Lost Symbol
  • All of the Outlander books except TFC and AEITB which I already have, and any SK books.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10 
  • None -- I don't like buying books when I rarely reread and the library is free. :)
  • image denmanam:
    I'm not sure yet.  The only people who would buy me any books are my dad, mom, and grandma.  My FI and his parents all think I read too much and have too many books.  Every time his mom asks what I want for Christmas and I say "books," she says, "Oh no. You don't need any more books.  Pick something else."    Books make me happiest, though.

they do realize that each book has a different story inside, right? Smile

i am asking for a kindle, so an amazon GC is all i really need.

I'd still like to keep the classics in actual book form, so I'm asking for

Mansfield Park

A Christmas Carol

A Farewell to Arms

Life and Adventures of Nicolas Nickleby

I also want a hardcover of twilight to go with my other hardcovers - but i only want it if i can get one without the movie cover on it. otherwise, i'll stick with my paperback.

• ABOSAA

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

• image bayhunter6:
    None -- I don't like buying books when I rarely reread and the library is free. :)

I am the same way, but my family also knows that I read like crazy so I usually end up with a gc or something.

Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • image Emily227:
    I never ask for books for Christmas. If anything I'd rather just get a giftcard so I can purchase whatever books catch my eye at the time.

This.  And an hour to myself to do it in!!!