Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Daily Nutritional Percentages

I know this is asked frequently, but I can't find any pp's about this. 

How do I know what daily percentages I should be shooting for?  I'm really trying to track my diet more frequently and I'm on the daily plate.  It shows me me my percentages, but I don't know if it's too high in one area or too low in others.

Am I even making sense?? Embarrassed

TIA.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Daily Nutritional Percentages

• Of course you make sense!

I think it depends on both what your goals are and how you feel. For example if you are trying to lose weight and eat a lower number of calories, but you feel constantly hungry and lacking energy, you would probably want to try cutting some of the carbs and replacing with more protein and good fats. If you want to build muscle, obviously you want to be eating more protein.

FWIW, I know I'm pretty sensitive to carbs (they make me sluggish and bloated, and I gain weight so easily when I eat too many carbs!) and I do a lot of weight lifting (I find I maintain my weight a bit easier and can eat a little more with heavy lifting workouts). I eat about 40% of my calories from carbs, 30-40% from protein, and the remainder fats.

• image BensBabe823:

Of course you make sense!

I think it depends on both what your goals are and how you feel. For example if you are trying to lose weight and eat a lower number of calories, but you feel constantly hungry and lacking energy, you would probably want to try cutting some of the carbs and replacing with more protein and good fats. If you want to build muscle, obviously you want to be eating more protein.

FWIW, I know I'm pretty sensitive to carbs (they make me sluggish and bloated, and I gain weight so easily when I eat too many carbs!) and I do a lot of weight lifting (I find I maintain my weight a bit easier and can eat a little more with heavy lifting workouts). I eat about 40% of my calories from carbs, 30-40% from protein, and the remainder fats.

Thank you!  I am a runner and I do lift weights, moderately heavy.  I find myself hungry most of the time and this is why I want to watch my nutrition a bit closer.

Also--I wouldn't mind dropping a couple pounds, but I'm basically changing to gain energy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic