June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

"Winterizing" clothes

Now, I'm all for this concept. I think it's a great way to get extra mileage out of your full wardrobe, and in most cases, it works.

Today I saw an example of it so not working. I wish I'd had my camera with me so I could post a picture of it all together to show you, but I'll just have to work with the pieces and see if you get the idea.

Most of the outfit was reasonably cute. It consisted of flat black Uggs (...poor black sheep...), a black and grey striped sweater, and black and grey pattern tights.

Here are some examples of the first three pieces:

imageimageimage

Potentially a cute outfit, yes?

Well, this was the final piece:

Siwy Ripped Destroyed Helena Denim Short with Black Pom Poms

Now, my disdain for the outfit may have come from the fact that the shorts were too short (and too ugly) to be acceptable in public regardless of the season. But then to try and "winterize" them made it all the more ridiculous and fashion-offensive to me.

What do you think? Are there some clothes that just shouldn't be winterized?

Photobucket

Re: "Winterizing" clothes

• Yes, denim cutoffs are something I can't see ever working as a winterized item. But a question that sprang to mind -- how cold is it in SD that people are winterizing anything? 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • It's "San Diego Cold," which basically means it's less than 75 degrees out.

Today's high/low are 69/39. Could get down to 63/38 as the week progresses.

Photobucket
  • I'd kill for 63. It will be 41 as a high here tomorrow. Yippee. 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • I bet that was a beautiful outfit to be hold. But, I am with mamie, I wish that was cold to me. It was only about 45 today and will be colder tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • Ha ha! That hideous outfit is definitely within the range of normal fashion in Montreal. My friend and I want to make a show that just consists of sitting on a street in Montreal and filming the awful outfits that go by. And you know they're bad 'cause I'm not really into fashion so if I can tell they don't work then they really don't work.
    image image
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Zee, my dream job would be to take 97% of my county's residents, put them in a big room, and together with Stacy and Clinton of What Not To Wear, burn everything in their closet and press their wardrobe reset button.  

You can't swing a dead sheep around here without seeing the most heinous clothes. Makes me cry on the inside. 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • image mamie329:

You can't swing a dead sheep around here without seeing the most heinous clothes. Makes me cry on the inside. 

I'm familiar with your county's residents, Mamie, and you are totally right! It is rather sad!

[img] http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/34832b/ttc.png[/img]
  • Ewwww black tights and shorts...

• Are you sure you weren't in Fresno? Because I see that outfit at least once a week. Actually some weeks the sweater is a different color. You have to switch it up right?
    [IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/JULZ85/Wedding/2e5764ca-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
    My blog