Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

nest updates

holy crap, i think the nest might have actually fixed the search function!! at least the new search box at the top of the page seems to work. and what does everyone think of the tabs at the top? niiiice!
image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne

Re: nest updates

• I haven't actually explored the new stuff yet, but asthetically, it's great! ;)
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • i just searched coconut oil on the top search button and not much came up...better than nothing i suppose :)

i did notice it looked different when i logged in this morning.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • hus, i think the date range for the search doesn't go back very far. i tried search for "cyber monday" and it came up with a ton of results.
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • Wait, why are the tabs nice? I miss the community tab. I used it to come here. I know you can get to the local boards using the drop down below, but it takes more scrolling. I liked the two clicks.

And this is so petty, but the spacing (or lack of, mostly) between the top bar and the links "All boards" and the board you are on, bugs me.

YAY for a search function, wow!

• i think the tabs are nice for those who go to boards on several of the sites, like here and the bump or whatever.

and you can get to the same community page by clicking on chat!! i don't like the drop down either.

and boo.. the search function seems to only semi-work. but i guess something is better than nothing.

• I figured out the chat tab, so I'm good! I didn't think about the bump, etc.

What's the deal with the search function? Its a pretty common thing!