BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**Thanks ladies**

Bridey - I have so thanked the Lord, and prayed that these people look to him for their needs instead of themselves.  I have to so look at the thankful things, because my anger would only keep me suppressed in my thoughts.  Thanks.

Val- I've never felt unsafe in a rest area, yet I've never given your boss' advice a thought either.  It's never crossed my mind that a state rest area or motel parking lot would be any unsafer than a gas station.  I'm so very trusting of people, and I truly felt I was safe pulling in.

Ladies, just be careful.  We are all victims and targets just by the nature of being female.

It didn't help that I was driving a vehicle without automatic locks or an alarm.

image LIFE ~~~'34-'08 My Mom is just one prayer away!~~~ My rings were stolen, but the memories won't die!

Re: **Thanks ladies**

• Did you have insurance on the rings? Will your auto insurance cover it? Not that a new ring will by any means replace the ceremony rings, but maybe you and K can have a moment and repeat your vows while he places the new rings on your finger.

I am sad for you Mo. I know how I would feel and I am feeling that for you. :( 

• Depending on your policy, your rings *might* be covered under your homeowners insurance.

Vacation

Holiday
  • Thanks Jenn, but your automobile insurance does not cover contents. For those of you that own a home and have homeowners - that would cover the contents of your vehicle. A renter's content insurance does not cover contents of your vehicle.

I have actually put on a ring that belonged to his mother, and my mother's wedding band. His mother had an emerald/diamond band that she wore before her death. He finally got it back (with a huge arguement) from his aunt (mother's sister) last year.

I couldn't bear to have a naked finger.

I told him I would put on the pearl ring that he purchased for me, and the one I wore on our wedding day, but he said I was double protected with our mothers' rings on.

He's actually taken all of this pretty darn well.  I know he's glad I'm alive, and sad that the sacrifice came with my rings.

image LIFE ~~~'34-'08 My Mom is just one prayer away!~~~ My rings were stolen, but the memories won't die!
  • I'm just happy you're okay!

DH also contributes to a message board community (a home recording board, his own Nest) and they were very shaken up when they lost someone suddenly a few weeks ago.  His wife had to post about his passing on the boards.  I'm just so happy that we didn't have to hear about something like that happening to you!

• image MyValentine2004:

I'm just happy you're okay!

DH also contributes to a message board community (a home recording board, his own Nest) and they were very shaken up when they lost someone suddenly a few weeks ago.  His wife had to post about his passing on the boards.  I'm just so happy that we didn't have to hear about something like that happening to you!

Thanks Val!  I just said that I'm truly blessed.  If sacrificing my rings saved my life, I know that I'm truly blessed.