June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The auburn results

Some of you asked to see a pic of my auburn hair. Well, there wasn't much of a noticeable difference, but here you go. :) I'm obviously on the right. You all know my face by now!

image image
Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12

Re: The auburn results

• I think it turned out great! 
  • You look sassy in that pose. And I love your hairs. And your outfit.

I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends - I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late, and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments. And that's when it is nice to let them know that you can beat them up.
  • Sigh, I totally thought this post had something to do with the 'Bama/Auburn football game on Friday.
    We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks to mofe and Walt! Sorry I disappointed Leigha.

And the other 14 of you who viewed and didn't compliment my hairs can go pound sand. 

Crying 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • wow i love it! and your dress is wayy cute :)

i've considered going auburn for a while but always chicken out. 

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • Thanks megs! That dress is actually an old cotton LBD shift that I put a wide belt around. My first foray into belts (I blame just dandy and angelfire).

Do you have any natural red tones to your hair? I find that helps. I'm still trying to figure out makeup/blush that brings out the auburn more. If you do try going auburn, it might just do a slight tint like mine did, and then you can choose to go more red. 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • image Leigha12:
    Sigh, I totally thought this post had something to do with the 'Bama/Auburn football game on Friday.

Ha, Leigha!  I did too!  Although, I have more of an excuse, actually being from Alabama and all! Smile

• image hopscotch.:

image Leigha12:
    Sigh, I totally thought this post had something to do with the 'Bama/Auburn football game on Friday.

Ha, Leigha!  I did too!  Although, I have more of an excuse, actually being from Alabama and all! Smile

Well, considering UT will likely play the winner of the Florida/Bama game, I've been paying a lot of attention to Bama lately!

My 101
  • image Leigha12:
    image hopscotch.:

image Leigha12:

Well, considering UT will likely play the winner of the Florida/Bama game, I've been paying a lot of attention to Bama lately!

I HATE Alabama!  I'm pulling for anyone that plays against them.

• image mamie329:

And the other 14 of you who viewed and didn't compliment my hairs can go pound sand. 

Crying 

Sorry. Two of those were me. I kept wanting to reply, but kept getting interrupted! I think you look fabulous. Do I still have to pound sand?

Photobucket
  • image hopscotch.:
    image Leigha12:
    image hopscotch.:

image Leigha12:

I HATE Alabama!  I'm pulling for anyone that plays against them.

Good, then I won't feel bad saying we were pulling for Auburn (followed by Alabama upsetting Florida) just to throw the BCS into a tizzy! lol
    My 101
  • Thanks, SBS!

And now Leigha and hops have thunderjacked my post into a college football discussion. Woe is me. 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Mames - You know I love the hairs.  Already told you that!  Stick out tongue

Leigha - I was pulling for the exact same thing.  Auburn came so close, it made me sad.  I was, however, happy to see Nick Saban almost shiiting his pants for most of the game.  Now Florida has to beat them.  I won't be able to stand hearing more crap from the Alabama fans here.

• image mamie329:

Thanks megs! That dress is actually an old cotton LBD shift that I put a wide belt around. My first foray into belts (I blame just dandy and angelfire).

Do you have any natural red tones to your hair? I find that helps. I'm still trying to figure out makeup/blush that brings out the auburn more. If you do try going auburn, it might just do a slight tint like mine did, and then you can choose to go more red. 

My hair can be kind of an ashy brown, but in the summertime the sun brings out some slight reddish tones. So i think i'd definitely have to start subtle.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • You're so hot right now (say like Mugatu). I freaking love it!! Love, love, love the belted LBD as well with the bright pop of color. Perfect.
  • I love love love the hair! You look great in that picture, too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • Love it -- you actually inspired me to dye mine a little auburn too.
  • Aww, thanks ladies! You're all too sweet. None of you have to go pound sand!

Hawki, take pics of your new color with you DSLR!  :) '

I'm such a work in progress, so it's nice to get flattery from an F&B master like angel. I need extra help in cold months. I feel like it's harder to look put together when all you want is sweats and a snuggie.

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • image mamie329:

Aww, thanks ladies! You're all too sweet. None of you have to go pound sand!

Hawki, take pics of your new color with you DSLR!  :) '

I'm such a work in progress, so it's nice to get flattery from an F&B master like angel. I need extra help in cold months. I feel like it's harder to look put together when all you want is sweats and a snuggie.

unfortunately no can do until xmas... I'll try to remember to get DH to take a pic tonight.

• Just seeing this now Mames and I love the hair!!  It looks great!!  Cute outfit too.  I so wish I could pull something like that off!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • hawki - you have to wait til Christmas for your camera? Boo. 

barb - thanks! And anyone can pull off that outfit, I swear! Step 1: buy a wide belt. Step 2: wrap it around your favorite LBD. Step 3: add colored cardi. :)  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • hahahaa thanks Mames...Unfortunately I feel like wide belts don't work with my body type - being 5' and all, I need something to lengthen me.  That being said, I couldn't wear something like that to work either as I just play with babies all day!  Tres cute though...maybe someday I'll go for that look!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers