Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Letsgetthisdayoverwith Randoms

Re: Letsgetthisdayoverwith Randoms

• I'm traveling for work.

It's not as fun as you'd think it would be.

• I agree with the title of these randoms. :-)

Where ya going Laura?

• I slept from 11:00 pm to 4:00 am without waking up, it was wonderful.  I can't remember the last time I slept that long without waking up at least once.  I hate being a light sleeper. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was at the mall I stopped in the jewelers to get my rings cleaned, they noticed a stone loose.  I was annoyed that there was a problem, but glad it was caught early before it fell out.  I'm without my rings until Thursday.  It's a good thing I have an extra set so my fingers don't feel too naked. 

• The Santa Clause was on yesterday.  It made me happy.  We also put a new light in the kitchen because the old one stopped working, that also made me happy.  Off to go get donuts. 
  • My baby doesn't nap anymore. He was a GREAT napper. 2-3 hours daily! And I really miss the nights when he'd sleep 12 hours without a peep. Now we're lucky if we get 2 in a row. GAHHAAHAHHHH. Something's gotta  give.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping, but I spent hundreds of dollars on stuff for our house this weekend.

The thought of going back to bed once DH and DS left for work/daycare seriously crossed my mind. But then the guilt of not getting my work hours in this week won out, and here I am.

Boooo to Monday. 

• image TheWop:
    The Santa Clause was on yesterday.  It made me happy.  

I watched part of that and all of Home Alone.  Both made me happy too. :-)

• image TheWop:
    The Santa Clause was on yesterday.  It made me happy.  We also put a new light in the kitchen because the old one stopped working, that also made me happy.  Off to go get donuts. 

Haha! We were up until nearly midnight on Saturday (Friday? something...) watching that. DH said he was actually enjoying it. LOL!

• My negative Monday thoughts unloaded on you:

Only got 2 hours of sleep last night

Almost hit 4 deer crossing a busy, four lane street.  My reaction was to stop my car and I didn't check if anyone was behind me.  Luckily, no one was there but I still got upset on my way to work.  I know I'm supposed to ignore the deer and just hit them for my own safety but that was my gut reaction.  I don't want to think about it anymore.

• Good morning! I hope this day flies by. Luckily, Mondays are my busiest day.
  • image GRKaters:

Boooo to Monday. 

Hugs! Can you sneak in a little cat/power nap this afternoon?

• Thank the Lord it's Monday. We had some houseguests this weekend. I'm going to leave it at that. They rival Suze's for the title.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • image JaredsgirlErin:
    image GRKaters:

Boooo to Monday. 

Hugs! Can you sneak in a little cat/power nap this afternoon?

Probably... I work from home, so it's got to have SOME perks, right? :) Though I did want to go for a run... 

• image Tigers:

My negative Monday thoughts unloaded on you:

Only got 2 hours of sleep last night

Almost hit 4 deer crossing a busy, four lane street.  My reaction was to stop my car and I didn't check if anyone was behind me.  Luckily, no one was there but I still got upset on my way to work.  I know I'm supposed to ignore the deer and just hit them for my own safety but that was my gut reaction.  I don't want to think about it anymore.

I'm glad you're safe!  I don't think it's bad to stop for the deer though and not look behind you so don't feel so guilty.  I think swerving is the bad choice.

• image LVila:
    Thank the Lord it's Monday. We had some houseguests this weekend. I'm going to leave it at that. They rival Suze's for the title.

Hehe.  Glad you have your home back to yourself!

• I'm going to Florida this weekend!  While the thought of travel does stress me out a little, I'm really looking forward to a couple of days of sunshine and relaxation.
  • Morning!

I did not want to get up this morning and come to work.  We had a nice long weekend up north.

Sorry to hear about the crummy weekends/nights/mornings you guys had.

• Hopefully we'll be picking up our new car tonight.  If not tonight, then tomorrow for sure.  I'll be so glad to have this off my mind and having a new car will be fun, too.Smile

• I got all of my shopping done this weekend and wrapped most of everything. I have a few things left that I need to wrap. Then I have to get picture cds ready of wedding to send out.
  • image charitylynne_1979:
    I got all of my shopping done this weekend and wrapped most of everything. I have a few things left that I need to wrap. Then I have to get picture cds ready of wedding to send out.

Are you for hire??

• I'm really annoyed with an Etsy seller. Their store specifically states that patterns are emailed no more than 12 hours after a purchase. I purchased Friday. I STILL don't have the pattern. I've contacted them twice... once via email and once via Etsy conversation. The "Thanksgiving Holiday" excuse doesn't work, either, because this seller is in Canada.

I NEED THE PATTERN!

• image LVila:

I'm really annoyed with an Etsy seller. Their store specifically states that patterns are emailed no more than 12 hours after a purchase. I purchased Friday. I STILL don't have the pattern. I've contacted them twice... once via email and once via Etsy conversation. The "Thanksgiving Holiday" excuse doesn't work, either, because this seller is in Canada.

I NEED THE PATTERN!

That sucks =( can you contact Etsy customer service?

• image JaredsgirlErin:
    image LVila:

I'm really annoyed with an Etsy seller. Their store specifically states that patterns are emailed no more than 12 hours after a purchase. I purchased Friday. I STILL don't have the pattern. I've contacted them twice... once via email and once via Etsy conversation. The "Thanksgiving Holiday" excuse doesn't work, either, because this seller is in Canada.

I NEED THE PATTERN!

That sucks =( can you contact Etsy customer service?

I'm going to give them until the end of the day. I wouldn't be so annoyed except THEY are the ones that said their patterns are emailed that quickly. It's a pattern for a carseat cover for Mere and it's supposed to start snowing. I don't want her to freeze! Plus, my mom and I picked out ridiculously cute fabric and I want to see the finished product :o)

• I feel like it should be almost lunchtime, and yet it's not even 10:00 yet.  Sucky.
  • I'm afraid that working a full week is going to be a difficult adjustment to make.

I'm with you, Kasa, it feels like it should be much later.

• image LVila:

I'm going to give them until the end of the day. I wouldn't be so annoyed except THEY are the ones that said their patterns are emailed that quickly. It's a pattern for a carseat cover for Mere and it's supposed to start snowing. I don't want her to freeze! Plus, my mom and I picked out ridiculously cute fabric and I want to see the finished product :o)

Bummer they are taking forever. That would annoy me too.  I was annoyed with my last transaction on Etsy too.  The merchant said something would come printed a certain way, and it never did (lucky for her I wasn't a stickler and didn't hold her to it, but seriously, those people who list a gazillion items need to read what they actually put in the description).  She also took forever on my draft copy and claimed to have emailed it to me.  It all worked out though.

What's a carseat cover?  I'm a dunce when it comes to that stuff!  Stick out tongue

• image Kasa:
    I feel like it should be almost lunchtime, and yet it's not even 10:00 yet.  Sucky.

Word.

Mondays after long weekends are dreadful. 

• image GRKaters:

image charitylynne_1979:
    I got all of my shopping done this weekend and wrapped most of everything. I have a few things left that I need to wrap. Then I have to get picture cds ready of wedding to send out.

Are you for hire??

Sure lol

• image MrsKerCo:
    image LVila:

What's a carseat cover?  I'm a dunce when it comes to that stuff!  Stick out tongue

It's pretty much a piece of fabric with elastic around the outsides so it goes over the baby, but not between the baby and the carseat. Most of the ones sold in stores go between baby and carseat. I don't want that kind :o) It's got a flap where her face will be so she can see out in the car, but then it shuts while she is being carried into the building.