June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

f/u Sheep Lovers

I totally laughed out loud and thought of you guys yesterday...We were driving happily along on our way to get the Christmas tree. It was a busy weekend and stores had people/mascots out on the side of the road all over the place. We saw a guy dressed up like the Serta sheep in front of the mattress store. Of course, I oohed and ahhed and waved, he waved back. Next thing I know, my husband (who apparently is 16), swerved and pointed our giant SUV right towards this poor unsuspecting sheep, pretending to hit him! This poor guy jumped about a mile. I was scolding my husband for being such an idiot as he was chuckling to himself. I look in the side mirror and the sheep gives the old "Up yours!" hand motion to our car as we're driving away. Something about a man in a sheep costume flipping me off made me laugh out loud. I was trying to contain my laughter as to not encourage my 16-year-old husband and continued scolding him. He finally apologized and said "sorry babe, I'm a baaaaadd boy." And I was crying from laughing so hard.

Does anyone else have an embarrassing/hilarious husband story??

Re: f/u Sheep Lovers

• Haha, the image of a costumed sheep flipping YOU off is even more hilarious.
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. that must have been a sight to see.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • haha, it was pretty hilarious. But that is classic 'us.' I follow the rules and try to be very conscientious of everyone else's feelings and my H is a naughty troublemaker who has no problem with what anyone else thinks. OPPOSITES!

But yes Mamie, if I would have been alone and the sheep would have given me the Up Yours! motion, I probably would have cried. I felt so bad for that poor guy yesterday...LOL.

• haha, you should have just yelled out the window "I'll see you again -  LINING MY UGGS!" and pulled away quickly, tires squealing.

It would have been epic.

I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends - I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late, and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments. And that's when it is nice to let them know that you can beat them up.
  • That would have been perfect StJoes! Too bad I am not that quick of a thinker. I was busy praying that my H wouldn't kill anyone with his crazy antics. I did think of you guys and our sheep post immediately after though. ;)
  • image stjoespirit04:

haha, you should have just yelled out the window "I'll see you again -  LINING MY UGGS!" and pulled away quickly, tires squealing.

It would have been epic.

YES! angel, remember this line for the next your H pisses off a man in a sheep costume! It's also appropriate when coming across real sheep.

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Funny story, out in the sticks this weekend, I hit a turkey.

I'm not kidding.

The lone wild turkey left in Berkshire County, MA, I nailed driving my brother's truck whilst helping my mom move. It ran out into the westbumfuck road I was traveling too fast on, I couldn't swerve because it was icy out, and I nailed the sucker. Didn't kill it tho, because it kind of ran off afterwards, but... I hit a turkey. A TURKEY.

I'm sososo glad to be back in the city where I belong.

I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends - I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late, and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments. And that's when it is nice to let them know that you can beat them up.
  • How unfortunate. Bad week for turkeys!
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • St.Joes, that Turkey story is Thanksgiving-themed irony at its finest. Bravo :)
    Photobucket