Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

help please?

I posted on theknot board too but I thought maybe you ladies would maybe have suggestions too! I am looking for an inexpensive rehearsal dinner place. Do any of you have a suggestions or recommendations from what you used? TIA!!!

Re: help please?

• Pietro's worked well for us. They have a separate room for small parties, so it was more private.
  • We had our RD at Salvatore's. I know a lot of people use Brann's and have had great luck. For my brother's wedding we just bought a ton of pizzas and some beer and hung out at my parent's house (not glamourous but it got the job done). For my BF's wedding we did something similar but instead of hanging out at someone's house we spent the time setting up the reception site.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • My RD was in the private room at Sundance Grill Downtown.  The service was great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you have a space you could have Cherry Deli do the catering.  They are affordable and delicious! 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

adoption blog: addingaburden.com

Adding a Burden
  • We had ours upstairs in the Pearl Room of McFaddens, and it was great. Really affordable, and great service.
  • We had our RD at Village Inn.  They sat us in an area by ourselves, we pre-ordered the pizza so it was ready shortly after we got there and I think the bill was a few hundred bucks for about 20 people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just used a conference room at the hotel that I booked rooms at . We were able to use it for free. We ordered pizza and appetizers. The place that we ordered the apps from lent us the chafing dishes. I had my friends head over to the hotel to set up for us. It worked out great for us, because we have a ton of kids on my side of the family. I figured this way they could go swiming after dinner and I did't have to worry about keeping them entertained. His side is smaller and doesn't have younger kids, so I didn't think his parents would be able to handle all the comotion of the kids.