Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wow that was a quick DD

Guess she didn't like the advice.
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/213pzit.jpg[/IMG]
Elizabeth 3yrs old Jane 1yr old

Re: Wow that was a quick DD

• That's what I was thinking...

My husband was trying to reply to it...so he still has her question up on his page. 

• And I was right in the middle of replying, too.

OP, if you're still out there- my reply was:

Don't do this.  He may be being a jerk to you by ignoring you when he sees you, but it doesn't excuse you throwing it back at him in the form of a passive-aggressive Christmas gift. 

FYI for future issues like this: holidays, special events (like weddings, baptisms, birthdays, etc.), and the like are not good times to make a Statement about someone else's behavior, attitude, values, or choices.  Address the things that bother you WHEN they bother you- don't save it all up and use celebrations or events where everyone's emotions are already running high as your platform to let people know how you really feel.   

• image MrsGinger:

And I was right in the middle of replying, too.

OP, if you're still out there- my reply was:

Don't do this.  He may be being a jerk to you by ignoring you when he sees you, but it doesn't excuse you throwing it back at him in the form of a passive-aggressive Christmas gift. 

FYI for future issues like this: holidays, special events (like weddings, baptisms, birthdays, etc.), and the like are not good times to make a Statement about someone else's behavior, attitude, values, or choices.  Address the things that bother you WHEN they bother you- don't save it all up and use celebrations or events where everyone's emotions are already running high as your platform to let people know how you really feel.   

Worded wonderfully! Apparently she doesn't want to hear that by doing that, she is just sinking down to his level. 

• Yeah I was trying to add to my first reply that, have it out with him if you want/need to...but making a passive aggressive statement in a gift about someone's behaviour is a bad move.

Maybe write him a letter if he generally doesn't speak with you. 

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/213pzit.jpg[/IMG]
    Elizabeth 3yrs old Jane 1yr old
  • Can someone recap the post? I missed it.
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • I hate DDs. Someone please recap.
  • I can do one better than a recap, my husband was able to save the actual question (minus the user name)...

"I need a quote...

I married the man of my dreams... my high school crush... he married his as well... I went to school with 2 of the 7 siblings... nice... until we got decided to get married.  1 brother refused to come to our wedding because of my religious belief...I am open-minded and love everyone who loves God period. The label of the religion does not matter to me.

The brother in law believes that basically I am worshipping the devil because it isn't the one and only "Christian" (this Christian does not including Catholics, Lutherans, Pres., any of them)  He refuses to talk to me or acknowledge I am there.  So I've decided to give a gift to him for Christmas that is a framed quote that basically is loving but hits the spot to remind him he is not being Christian but rather acting opposite of what the Christian faith teaches.

Any help????"

• LOL, ok thanks for c/p that.

So, she is going to give BIL a framed quote that shows that him being judgemental and non-christian isn't good, but it is ok for her to do the same?

I'm sure that is going to go over smoothly. I'd love to see a picture of his face when he opens it.

Hope is not a strategy.
  • Why even give a person who ignores you a gift in the first place? 

I dont' get people sometimes.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10