Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

It's sprinkling here..

So parents are driving their kids between houses to trick or treat.

Whhhhaat???! These are not little kids, either, they're like middle school age.

Are you serious???

Re: It's sprinkling here..

• LOL, people are so ridiculous.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But, Nikki! They'll melt in the rain like the bad witch in the Wizard of Oz. Their children are just sweet as sugar- you don't want to risk that!

• Are you kidding me? You're another PNW'er Nikki, so you must have had your share of soggy Halloweens. We never died from carrying an umbrella on Halloween.
  • My parents would have been like "Tough sh!t, you want that candy, you WORK FOR IT!"
    Are you serious???
  • image smock.smock:
    Are you kidding me? You're another PNW'er Nikki, so you must have had your share of soggy Halloweens. We never died from carrying an umbrella on Halloween.

Umbrellas? Pssh, we got to the point where we'd just run from house to house and jostle to hide under any overhangs, LOL

Are you serious???
  • I definitely went out on Halloween more than a couple of times in my life with an umbrella. Somehow, I managed to achieve adulthood.

Pittsburgh rains three to four times a week on average. I think we have more cloudy and rainy days than Seattle actually.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image LovelyMissNikki:

image smock.smock:
    Are you kidding me? You're another PNW'er Nikki, so you must have had your share of soggy Halloweens. We never died from carrying an umbrella on Halloween.

Umbrellas? Pssh, we got to the point where we'd just run from house to house and jostle to hide under any overhangs, LOL

But if your costume is water-soluble, you at least need an umbrella! 

• image smock.smock:
    image LovelyMissNikki:

image smock.smock:

Did you wear edible undies to trick or treat in?  You weren't trick or treating, you were just turning tricks. 

Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have.
  • image TheGrimGyno:
    image smock.smock:
    image LovelyMissNikki:

image smock.smock:

Did you wear edible undies to trick or treat in?  You weren't trick or treating, you were just turning tricks. 

Well, sure, eventually I outgrew the paper-mache costumes and turned to the more "adult" Halloween activities. You gotta turn the tricks to afford the treats. 

• Almost every Halloween growing up had sprinkles or rain.  I only remember one year my father driving us around because it was pouring and my sister refused to cover up her costume that our mom sewed her with a jacket.
    *made with love by ibis*