Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Passport requirements

Can someone please clarify the passport requirements for me? I'm reading that everyone must have a passport for entry or re-entry into the US, except for closed circuit cruises. So, if I'm leaving and arriving in and out of the same port, do I not need a passport?

Re: Passport requirements

• Check the state dept website. It should cover it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • When in doubt get a passport, it's good for 10 years so you can go someone where if you get a good deal on airfare or a package later on.  
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • I would think that if you are docking at a non US port that you would need one.
  • If you will be out of the country during the cruise, even if you start and stop at the same place, you will need a passport. 

• regardless of where you leave from and come back to, you will still need to go thru customs aka you will need a passport. They changed the rule about it and everyone needs one as far as i know. Like recommended before you might as well get one, they are nice to have in those 'just in case' situations... 
  • You can get in and out of the US with no problems, but if you want to get off at any ports and THEY require you to have a passport then you need one.

There is no definite answer on travel.state.gov or getyouhome.gov regarding leaving and returning to the ship at a port of call because it is not a US requirement, it is the other governments requirement.

It's safer to just have a passport.