Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

OMG - Oasis of the Seas!

Have you guys heard all about this freaking amazing dream ship???

My DH just sent this video to me saying "We'll have to sail on this boat someday!", and I'm like "Hell YA!". Party!!!

Apparently, they just finished building it, and it's on its way to Ft. Lauderdale where it'll set sail on its first cruise in December.  I wonder how much $ for cruises, probably very UN-affordable...

Watch the video:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=16380014 

Just celebrated 6 blessed wedded years! 9.24.06
image image Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: OMG - Oasis of the Seas!

• It's crazy big!  I heard it's pretty booked up for it's first year at sea.  I wonder if it can get into all the ports of call.
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • That is the ship that 103.5 is having rihanna on.

They are going nov. 23, so then I guess the next weekend it will be booked for the public.

We were hoping it was the cruise ship that we are going on through royal caribbean but of course, not that lucky.

• Our local radio station is also giving away tickets for the Rihanna cruise. It sounds like an incredible ship.
  • I saw something about it on cruisecritic. The ship even has loft cabins. That's pretty cool.
  • It looks amazing. There is an article on ajc.com that says there still is room available on the maiden voyage and that deals can be had for around $700. Now if I could only talk DH into a cruise!

http://www.ajc.com/travel/oasis-of-the-seas-178623.html

• Been watching this one being built.. it is insanely big. To give everyone an idea, it's nearly 5 times the size Titanic was.
    Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • Looks cool but wayyyyyy to big for our taste.
  • Hmm.. Must be something wrong with me, because that looks nothing like my idea of a fun vacation.  I usually like to avoid big crowds of people.
  • image dahl0646:
    Hmm.. Must be something wrong with me, because that looks nothing like my idea of a fun vacation.  I usually like to avoid big crowds of people.

way too many people, way too big, I agree!

• image wife1014:

image dahl0646:
    Hmm.. Must be something wrong with me, because that looks nothing like my idea of a fun vacation.  I usually like to avoid big crowds of people.

Its a beautiful boat and sounds wonderful but I agree - a boat like that is my worst nightmare.

• image wife1014:

image dahl0646:

Its a beautiful boat and sounds wonderful but I agree - a boat like that is my worst nightmare.

• DH & I are hoping to go on this ship sometime next year. I can't wait!
  • We're booked in the Royal Family Suite for the second sailing. It's not cheap by any means, but our family loves to cruise. There are 9 of us going.?
  • After our experience with Royal Caribbean and Freedom of the Seas this summer, we are in no rush to sail on a bigger ship with this company.
  • image Brit&Nate:
    We're booked in the Royal Family Suite for the second sailing. It's not cheap by any means, but our family loves to cruise. There are 9 of us going.

I am doing a family cruise on the Oasis in June and cannot wait.  It is definitely pricey though... H and I's room alone... extended balcony cabin... is pretty close to 5k.  ekkkk.

**Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image Blonde407:

image Brit&Nate:
    We're booked in the Royal Family Suite for the second sailing. It's not cheap by any means, but our family loves to cruise. There are 9 of us going.

I am doing a family cruise on the Oasis in June and cannot wait.? It is definitely pricey though... H and I's room alone... extended balcony cabin...?is pretty close to 5k.? ekkkk.

Yea, I want to say it's nearly $30K for everyone.?Ridiculous?in my opinion, but I'm not paying for it, so it's not my place to judge. ?

• image Brit&Nate:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pictures when you come back!!!!!!

• image Brit&Nate:
    image Blonde407:

image Brit&Nate:

I am doing a family cruise on the Oasis in June and cannot wait.  It is definitely pricey though... H and I's room alone... extended balcony cabin... is pretty close to 5k.  ekkkk.

Yea, I want to say it's nearly $30K for everyone. Ridiculous in my opinion, but I'm not paying for it, so it's not my place to judge.  

Yeah we have 3 cabins with adjoining extended balconies and for 5 adults and 2 kids its costing a little over $15k... which I believe is ridiculous as well but I am not paying for it either haha. 

**Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers