Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dog Hair!

Anyone have any ideas for dog hair control?? We have a 110lb black lab and well...he sheds. But we love him so any ideas on cleaning up that mess?

Thanks!

Re: Dog Hair!

• Brush him at least once a week, use something like the FURminator.  Also, make sure you are using a good quality dog food. 

Sweep and vacuum all the time.  Sweep daily vacuum every other day.

• Thanks! I used to have pit bulls, so I am not really used to how much he sheds! We feed Purina One currently!
  • I was going to suggest high quality foods (we feed Orijen Fresh Fish and Innova Senior Plus) and also brushing with a furminator-type brush at least 1-2 times/week.  
  • fURMINATOR!  All the way...
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • I will ditto the high quality food and buying a Furminator. We have a 80 lb husky mix and a 75 lb golden retriever - so hair is always around our house. We always use the Furminator outside, helps with the clean up.

We try and keep it to a minimum - but if there is hair on something it doesn't phase us as much as it used to.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone! I am going to look into a better dog food and into the furminator! We are moving into an apartment in Alexandria, VA, so I am hoping to figure something out that will help keep the shedding down a bit! I don't mind some hair, but right now when he lays down and gets up there is always a little pile/ring of hair where he laid down. Right now I have been brushing him with a shedding comb 2-3 times a week.