Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Haystalks and stuff

As someone who is trying to be more domesticated, I have no idea where to purchase fall/harvest like swag that I see in my neighborhood - hay bales, stalks that look like they could have hosted corn at one time, and of course pumpkins (which I know I can get anywhere).

I'd like to trick out my yard for the Halloweeners.  Is this something Home Depot carries?  For the SJ girls, is this stuff I can get at the Collingswood Farmer's Market or will I need to go to McNaultens?

Re: Haystalks and stuff

• I've seen stuff like that at all the orchards I've been to this year.

I've heard that Home Depot has a big Halloween section though, but I can't attest to whether they have that stuff.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • I am sure the farmer's markets that you mentioned have them.  Can you possible call there and see before you head out.

I honestly don't think you'll be able to get a bale of hay and corn stalks at HD, pumpkins, yes, maybe.

• great question. they are charming. i've seen them at farms that have pumpkin patches like linvilla orchards and terhunes, but not in stores.

side note: oliver likes to pee on them. we do not let him. but he is draw to them like cows to hay. or something. 

• I've been seeing them at garden centers in my hood.  I'm sure you can get them somewhere that is selling mums and such.  You can get mini hay stacks Michael's. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks.  This gave me a few ideas and I called a local nursery.  I'll have harvest swag tomorrow. Hopefully the neighbor's dogs don't get any ideas.