Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dear Nest Gods

Make a board for birth control pill questions. Please and thanks.

Re: Dear Nest Gods

• Maybe I am just being a b!tch but I can't believe how many questions come up about BC.  I mean for the most part it's a pretty easy concept. You just have to realize that each pill affects everyone different and if one isn't working for you talk to your doc and try a different one. To me for the most part common sense
  • Sure, but what about the "common sense" questions like, "My husband won't sleep with me, is he cheating?" or "I've never had sex before, will it hurt?" or better yet, "Am I pregnant?"  I feel like everyone wants something different out of the Sex and Romance board, so it's not really fair to just sep. one category of disliked topics.

• image bballwife7:

Sure, but what about the "common sense" questions like, "My husband won't sleep with me, is he cheating?" or "I've never had sex before, will it hurt?" or better yet, "Am I pregnant?"  I feel like everyone wants something different out of the Sex and Romance board, so it's not really fair to just sep. one category of disliked topics.

Yes, all of that stuff is annoying as well, but the BCP questions are out of control.  It's just not that hard to read the pamphlet, Google your query or ask your damn doctor.

• Ok. I see your point after looking through the threads. Although, I did just ask a BCP question below, that was only like my third post ever on this board. lol.

I still just think that because Sex & Romance can be so broadly interpreted, that everyone will post a huge variety of topics...some annoying, some not so annoying. Some sexy or naughty, and some mild and uninteresting.

Maybe there needs to be specifically a Newlyweds board...where more topics like forms of birth control, new to sex questions, etc. could be addressed. There isn't one of these other than International Newlyweds or Military Newlyweds, right?

• I don't know what the solution should be..but I agree that there should be another board devoted to sex-related health questions, and this should be a more casual sex talk forum.
  • Maybe there needs to be a "New to Sex" board.  Or maybe a board called "We waited...now what pill do I take/what's coming out of me/why is this so gross/I put my mouth where!?"
  • Hahahaha I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that. :)

•  

I also think that doctors need address the basics when prescribing the BC...but ya read the pamphlet. On another note can you get prego if you use a toy on your so, he gets his spermies on it and then uses it on you?

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/90xcaw.jpg[/IMG]
  • image pastrypuff9000:
    Maybe there needs to be a "New to Sex" board.  Or maybe a board called "We waited...now what pill do I take/what's coming out of me/why is this so gross/I put my mouth where!?"

The Nest TOTALLY needs a Virgin Bride board.  lolz

In case you're wondering where everyone went: http://pandce.proboards.com/index.cgi
  • image Pinkplasticdoll:

I also think that doctors need address the basics when prescribing the BC...but ya read the pamphlet. On another note can you get prego if you use a toy on your so, he gets his spermies on it and then uses it on you?

Only if he puts it in your butt.

• Indifferent..uh oh, that explains it all. thank you almighty pastrypuff!
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/90xcaw.jpg[/IMG]
  • If they were to create a BC board, it would be kind of awesome, because I could just type up a form response and c&p it, thereby increasing my post count.

"Hello there.  You have asked a question about Birth Control.  All methods have pros and cons.  You will get the best information about your birth control from reading the pamphlet which came with your pills or asking your doctor.  If you are thinking about switching methods, there are many charts easily found by googling to compare and contrast efficacy and common side effects, but you can also ask your doctor.  Thanks and have a nice day."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image broccolitree:

If they were to create a BC board, it would be kind of awesome, because I could just type up a form response and c&p it, thereby increasing my post count.

"Hello there.  You have asked a question about Birth Control.  All methods have pros and cons.  You will get the best information about your birth control from reading the pamphlet which came with your pills or asking your doctor.  If you are thinking about switching methods, there are many charts easily found by googling to compare and contrast efficacy and common side effects, but you can also ask your doctor.  Thanks and have a nice day."

Amen.

• image broccolitree:

If they were to create a BC board, it would be kind of awesome, because I could just type up a form response and c&p it, thereby increasing my post count.

Hahah!  Or post it on the first BC question and for all the following respond with "Please read previous post before repeating a question."

• I just don't get why they think it's a good idea to consult a bunch of internet strangers (most of whom have no medical training) about their health.  Really, that's about the dumbest thing that I've ever heard. 
  • i've been asking for this for years!
  • Lol! If I have a serious question I will and have definately asked the doctor, but if a (young) woman thinks that other experienced women can answer the question, it's easier to ask it in anonymity with your fingertips. Then no one can see you get red in the face.