Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

why is it...

Why is it that sometimes you can get a "period" (which is actually just heavy spotting) if you go straight from one pack of BC to another without taking the 4 sugar pills? Same with those BC pills that say only 4 periods a year, but spotting can be just like having a period. I figured that you only got a period while on the pill when you stopped taking them because the lack of hormones triggers the lining to shed...?

My body demands an answer! :) 

Re: why is it...

• It's called breakthrough bleeding and is most commonly caused by a thick endometrium. When you aren't having your period you aren't shedding your lining so it can build up and cause breakthrough bleeding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep what she said.  Even if I take my pills straight through as to not get a period I get a full blown period anyways.  I have a thick endometrial lining.  If you want no period get the Depo Shot...but be warned if you are at all prone to migraines or depression you will be in a living hell if you take this drug.