Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

30 Minute Challenge

Anyone up for one?  Im in desperate need to get off my butt and do some stuff.  It will be 5:30 here in 6 minutes so Im starting then.

My goals are:

Dust/swiffer corners of ceiling/walls
Pick up random items/trash
Start working on laundry

Re: 30 Minute Challenge

• sounds good, i definitely need some motivation. :)

My goals:

unload & reload the dishwasher

start some laundry 

clear the junk off the coffee table

annnddd....go!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Mom's Hot Dog Dance is hysterical."
  • So, how did you do kmw?  I had to reconfigure my to-do list.

I realized I didnt have any swiffer dusters, so the dusting was out cause I dont have any other means of dusting the corner ceilings.

I did pick up random items/trash.  I also wiped down the kitchen counters and master bathroom counter.  I also started some laundry.

• DH walked in in the middle of my 30 minutes, so we 86'd the laundry, and substituted cleaning off the bar, and turned it into a "power hour" which we've decided to start doing daily. since we got married at the beginning of the month, we've been trying to start some new traditions and break some old habits. :) all in all, i'm pretty happy with my 30-minute challenge. 
  • Awesome!  Way to have some motivation.  Congrats on the new marriage...my husband and I just got married the beginning of this month as well, 10/10/09.
  • Congrats to you too! We were 10/3.
  • image HunnyBunny1009:

I realized I didnt have any swiffer dusters, so the dusting was out cause I dont have any other means of dusting the corner ceilings.

Wrap a rag or towel around the end of a broom handle and use that next time. People cleaned their corners long before Swiffer invented a duster for it! :-)

• image KathyGee:
    image HunnyBunny1009:

Wrap a rag or towel around the end of a broom handle and use that next time. People cleaned their corners long before Swiffer invented a duster for it! :-)

Well, the funny thing is, all my towels were currently in the wash or I would have!