Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AW: Tickets to Italy

I bought 'em!  I'm shaking and so excited!  Big Smile

Re: AW: Tickets to Italy

• Yay!  I'm excited for you!
  • OMG you are going to Italy!  I am jealous!  (Without the E...that's serious stuff.  Wink)

Yayayayayayay!

• That's awesome! When do you go, and where?!

• We are going over the Christmas week.  We're visiting friends that live in the north part of the country and we plan to visit Venice, Florence, and spend a couple of days in Rome. 

Eeek!  Can't wait!!!!

• image jax's mama:

OMG you are going to Italy!  I am jealous!  (Without the E...that's serious stuff.  Wink)

Yayayayayayay!

Can you believe it?!  I think after looking for plane tickets for weeks and finally finding a fantastic deal, it isn't quite sinking in yet.

• image Suze04:

We are going over the Christmas week.  We're visiting friends that live in the north part of the country and we plan to visit Venice, Florence, and spend a couple of days in Rome. 

Eeek!  Can't wait!!!!

Ohhhh have a GREAT time!

We highly recommend the Rick Steves guides if you are in search of such a thing.

• Ya hooooooooooo!

I was trying to think of an Italian word for congrats or yay or something, and then I realized I don't think I know any Italian phrases.

Unless linguini or fetuccini counts.

Or is that French.

I lack culture.

• image Suze04:
    image jax's mama:

OMG you are going to Italy!  I am jealous!  (Without the E...that's serious stuff.  Wink)

Yayayayayayay!

Can you believe it?!  I think after looking for plane tickets for weeks and finally finding a fantastic deal, it isn't quite sinking in yet.

Eek!  I know the feeling.  I don't think trips like this ever really sink in...until you land at your destination!  So fun!  I waaaaant to goooooo.

• Have fun!  It's amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have fun!  Where in Northern Italy are you headed??  M spends a lot of time around Varese (sort of near Lake Como and Lago Maggiore), and we love the Piedmont too.  If you need any advice/copies of Rick Steves, let us know!
  • Yay!!  Congrats on booking the tickets!  Did you find that good deal you were looking for??  YAY!!!
  • image lzalewski:
    Have fun!  Where in Northern Italy are you headed??  M spends a lot of time around Varese (sort of near Lake Como and Lago Maggiore), and we love the Piedmont too.  If you need any advice/copies of Rick Steves, let us know!

We're flying into Bologna; our friends live in Modena. 

• image MrsJuliD:

Ya hooooooooooo!

I was trying to think of an Italian word for congrats or yay or something, and then I realized I don't think I know any Italian phrases.

Or is that French.

I lack culture.

I vote that we all shout "linguini" to congratulate Suze... because that would be hilarious.  Big Smile

• image Kasa:
    image MrsJuliD:

Ya hooooooooooo!

Or is that French.

I lack culture.

I vote that we all shout "linguini" to congratulate Suze... because that would be hilarious.  Big Smile

Yes

• image Kasa:
    image MrsJuliD:

Ya hooooooooooo!

Or is that French.

I lack culture.

I agree!

SUZE!!! LINGUINI!!!

• image Suze04:

We are going over the Christmas week.  We're visiting friends that live in the north part of the country and we plan to visit Venice, Florence, and spend a couple of days in Rome. 

Eeek!  Can't wait!!!!

When I was in high school, I spent 3 weeks in Italy.  My brother was stationed near Pisa.  We had a book called 40 day trips, and would pick one each day he was at work, and explore away.  We also went up to Venice, Florence a few times, and down to Rome/Naples. 

• Aw, thanks for the Linguini shouts guys.

And yes, I did find a great deal.  In fact, it's a much better deal than the one I lost earlier this week (about $130 less per ticket).

• Yay!

So jealous. The only places I get to go require malaria and typhoid vaccinations ;-(

• Oh my goodness, how exciting! You're going to have an amazing time. I absolutely adore Italy... I'm a bit jealous! You have to take tons of pictures so we can live vicariously through you!
  • Awww, way cool!  Pictures pictures pictures!!!
    "All of this is crazy, and amazing" -Mat Kearney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~ personal blog~ * ~ photography blog ~
  • image Suze04:

Aw, thanks for the Linguini shouts guys.

And yes, I did find a great deal.  In fact, it's a much better deal than the one I lost earlier this week (about $130 less per ticket).

A belated "Linguini!!" and congrats on the cheaper price, that's so exciting!!!! Big Smile

• Linguini!!!! Linguini!!!! Linguini!!!!
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • Awesome!!!! I can't wait to see pictures either!