June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Seriously? Only me (f/u)

DH called me from the dealer. Apparently a partially-filled gas can in my trunk leaked out a bit. Yes, it's stupid I even have a gas can in my trunk, but it got switched over to the new car from the old car. I had it my old car because my gas gauge stopped working, and I was stranded on the road w/o gas twice, so I kept the stupid can just in case it ever happened again.

Service guy's solution? Febreze the crap out of the trunk!  

Only me. This is third in a line of embarrassing problems that have happened to me in the past three months. Some of you might remember the laptop/touchpad incident of September and the chicken helper kitchenfire of August.  I should not be allowed to touch anything.

image image
Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12

Re: Seriously? Only me (f/u)

• Oh Mamie I get that!  Crap like that happens to me all the time.  I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious though.  Hope the febreze helps...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Barb, is it weird I'm relieved to hear that you go through the same thing? At the end of the day I'd rather just be embarrassed than have it be a serious problem, but OMG what a morning I had today! I'm trying to air out the car now and periodically Febreze the trunk - at least until it starts raining again! 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • that sounds just like me. i am habitually forgetful and a complete clutz. Yesterday I slept in about 45 mins, so i had to rush getting ready for work, and since i only had about 10 mins to get ready, i didnt really have a chance to "wake up" so i ran across the street for coffee before i left for work. I was carrying my purse, my coffee and a container of apple dumplings i was going to deliver to my sister at lunchtime. I fumble around for my car keys, and dump the FULL LARGE COFFEE down the front of me!! needless to say i had to go back up to the apartment to change, so i was even later. grrrrreat start to the morning. never got to drink my coffee and somehow i still smelled like a coffee shop all day.

yeah. i'm awesome. 

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • Oh Meg. Did you burn yourself??  However there are worse things to smell like than coffee. :)
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12