Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AW: You can now call me a Professional Engineer!

I received a letter in the mail last week and I just paid my dues.... I'm a little poorer now, but I am officially a P. Eng!!

"Back in a day, I would now have the privilege to sign your Passport application." haha...

Re: AW: You can now call me a Professional Engineer!

• Congrats. I think you can sign guarnator forms for the Ministry of Transportation if they don't have signature ID. As well I think for birth certificates LOL. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!! Woohoo car insurance discounts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • congratulations!!!
    Left, Right
  • That's awesome! Huge congratulations!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fantastic news, congrats Andrea!!!
  • CBLCBL member
    Congrats! 
  • All your hard work paid off - Great job & Congratulations!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Sweet!  Congratulations!
  • Yay congrats! ?Hey I am going to have to renew my passport soon, ?you and I have been on the Nest for a while now...Think that counts? ?; )
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/35mekjq.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/vkuma.jpg[/IMG]
  • Well done, congratulations!
  • Congrats Andrea! That is a huge achievement.
  • Woo hoo!!  You should seal your Christmas cards....  wait, that's probably improper use of a seal... ah well!

I've been putting of the PPE for eeeevar, but I think I'll write in the spring.  Too much on my plate this December!

Now, go get new business cards!!

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • image raynes:

Woo hoo!!  You should seal your Christmas cards....  wait, that's probably improper use of a seal... ah well!

I've been putting of the PPE for eeeevar, but I think I'll write in the spring.  Too much on my plate this December!

Now, go get new business cards!!

The PPE is not that bad, but you do need to apply ahead of time. It takes awhile for them to process the forms and get you on the list for the next test. You should send them in pretty soon if you want to write in April! You don't have to have the forms completely filled out (references, job info etc), just the basic info. Good luck :) It's nice being done. Now I'm back to contemplating a masters again, lol...

• image Miss_Not4Long:

The PPE is not that bad, but you do need to apply ahead of time. It takes awhile for them to process the forms and get you on the list for the next test. You should send them in pretty soon if you want to write in April! You don't have to have the forms completely filled out (references, job info etc), just the basic info. Good luck :) It's nice being done. Now I'm back to contemplating a masters again, lol...

I'm in as an EIT and have all of my pregrad experience forms in already and my application started.  I get notices sent to me at work about when the tests are, and the closing date to apply to write is usually only a month out.  I'm lucky, because not only does my work pay all the PEO fees, but when you get your P.Eng, they pay you an extra $100 a month!

As for the Masters, do it!  Mind you, I sort of hate all the work involved, but learning is fun!  Undergrads suck though.

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • image raynes:
    I'm in as an EIT and have all of my pregrad experience forms in already and my application started.  I get notices sent to me at work about when the tests are, and the closing date to apply to write is usually only a month out.  I'm lucky, because not only does my work pay all the PEO fees, but when you get your P.Eng, they pay you an extra $100 a month!

As for the Masters, do it!  Mind you, I sort of hate all the work involved, but learning is fun!  Undergrads suck though.

Oh great, you're on top of things then! That is awesome your work pays the fees and pays you extra.. Not at my work =( although they did pay for the textbooks and the exam fee, which definitely helped.

Well I just checked the deadline to apply for the next term and it's Oct 31.. I always have the luck of checking the last day before a deadline LOL... there is always next time ;)