Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Is there any interest in another ornament exchange?

nobody has mentioned it yet this year....
Left, Right

Re: Is there any interest in another ornament exchange?

• I think it's fun but so expensive!! Plus the one time I participated, I never received anything :(
  • image Miss_Not4Long:
    I think it's fun but so expensive!! Plus the one time I participated, I never received anything :(

?

I remember you mentioning that last year. ?:(??

Left, Right
  • I, too, was thinking about this. If we do it it must be soon so we all know who we're sending it to! I am game.
  • To be honest, I am cool with it as long as the Nestie is a regular (of course the newcomers are welcome).

The person I got the other time is someone I have only seen post a handful of times (maybe they were a regular a few years ago?? not sure!!) I have only seen her post once or twice in the last 2 years.

Do you want to organize Cara? :) Not sure how swamped you are at work... I am really swamped (although slacking for a few minutes right now... much needed break after all the stress yesterday). I have heard Elfster.com is good to do these types of exchanges on. Maybe it wouldn't even require much work, no idea.

• Didn't we use elfster last time?  I wish Amies would come back more often, she was awesome at organizing this stuff.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love gift giving! I'd "play"...

Should we start a general poll to see if it's worth it? I agree Elfster was a great tool..and to be honest my shipping wasnt THAT bad..I guess it depends on how rushed you are to get it out on time :-)

Either way I'm interested - DH and his family are DRAMA people and again this year there is more...so we have less 6 gifts to buy - I'm so NOT complaining...more for me Devil

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • I figured even if we only have 5-6 people it'll still be fun. ?I started an elfster exchange, and posted the link in another thread. ?

I'll repost that thread a few time before the end of next week. ?I have a sign-up deadline of November 6th so we have lots of time to shop, and still a good amount of time for mailing.

?

?

?

Left, Right
  • image Miss_Not4Long:

To be honest, I am cool with it as long as the Nestie is a regular (of course the newcomers are welcome).

The person I got the other time is someone I have only seen post a handful of times (maybe they were a regular a few years ago?? not sure!!) I have only seen her post once or twice in the last 2 years.

Do you want to organize Cara? :) Not sure how swamped you are at work... I am really swamped (although slacking for a few minutes right now... much needed break after all the stress yesterday). I have heard Elfster.com is good to do these types of exchanges on. Maybe it wouldn't even require much work, no idea.

I think that you had me last year. I just wanted to say that although I don't post often I have met some of the Edmonton Nesties and I check the board a few times each day. I don't post often because I really don't have anything to post about. When I have a situation or question that I think the Nesties could help with, I post.

So if you want regular nesties what does that mean? Because I don't post often, I can't participate? Not trying to cause issues but that is kinda how it sounds and if that's not what you meant I'm sorry.

• image luckie:
    image Miss_Not4Long:

To be honest, I am cool with it as long as the Nestie is a regular (of course the newcomers are welcome).

I think that you had me last year. I just wanted to say that although I don't post often I have met some of the Edmonton Nesties and I check the board a few times each day. I don't post often because I really don't have anything to post about. When I have a situation or question that I think the Nesties could help with, I post.

So if you want regular nesties what does that mean? Because I don't post often, I can't participate? Not trying to cause issues but that is kinda how it sounds and if that's not what you meant I'm sorry.

It was 2 years ago, I did draw your name and sent you something, which is fine. You thanked me and it was nice :) That's all well and good. I guess I should clarify I meant the person who was chosen to send ME a gift, not the other way around. I'm sorry about that.

However the person who selected me, did not send me anything. That is not fine. Totally not cool. And I just don't want it to happen to me (or anyone else) again. It made me feel shitty looking in the mail for 2 months. She even told Amy she sent a replacement gift. I didn't get that either. I highly doubt Canada Post is that inadequate.

I said that maybe it should be regulars, because then if one of us is a slacker or doesn't send the gift, at least the Nest is a common bond, and the person is not going to disappear.

ETA: I'm sorry if the way I worded it made it sound like I was annoyed to have sent you a gift last time! Not at all, it was on the receiving end I felt shafted! Sorry about that!

• image Miss_Not4Long:
      it was on the receiving end I felt shafted! 

See this is where my DIRTY mind came up with 20 jokes in 3 seconds! hahaha

Sorry...continue...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]