Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

? about vinegar and washers

Hello,

My clothes have been coming out of the washer smelling slightly mildewy lately..even when I take them out as soon as they are done being washed. My grandmother mentioned to use vinegar during a regular cycle, but offered no more details. Anyone have any experience with this? TIA!

Re: ? about vinegar and washers

• Run an empty cycle in your washing machine with a couple cups of vinegar.  (Hot Water)  This should clear it up pretty well. 

I will also suggest using about 1/2 cup vinegar in stead of fabric softeners (in the rinse cycle).  It works great!

• Thank you very much, going to try the hot water/vinegar cycle tonight. :)

• I've been using straight vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser for all loads.  No problems.