Orange County Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Restaurant Recs near 5 and Oso

My dad is coming into town and we plan to have dinner to celebrate his B-day.  His hotel is near the 5 and Oso Pkway exit so we wanted to dine somewhere relatively near there. I am in Costa Mesa/Newport area so am not very familiar with the dining spots there.

Suggestions???

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

Re: Restaurant Recs near 5 and Oso

• Hmm, that is a tough one...If you go North one exit there is a Claim Jumper and a Mexican restaurant off of La Paz.
  • That's my neighborhood.  Lots of chain places if you want them (Islands, Claim Jumper, Chili's, Outback, etc.).

One of our favorite restaurants is Villa Roma in Laguna Hills.  It's about 1.5 miles from the 5 and Oso intersection.  I had my 30th birthday dinner there.  Great for smaller groups.  If it's a weekend night they may have live music.  Service is great, food is even better.  It's Italian and Argentine cuisine.  Yum!  I usually get the gnocchi with cream gorgonzola sauce or the shortribs.  There is also an antipasti app that is great for sharing. 

Now I'm starving.  =/

Edit: I just looked at their menu online for dinner http://www.villaromarest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=111&lang=en 

Keep in mind that the real dinner menu in the restaurant has a much wider selection.

• Thanks 10 years! We are going to Villa Roma -- tonight.
    Michele

• I'm going to pray that you guys like it.  Such pressure.  I don't rec restaurants very often but I really love this one and so have the people that we've taken to it.  Plus they are family run, which is a nice plus.

Have and I hope you all enjoy!

• If it sucks you will hear about it. ;)  I am sure it is good.  It is hard to mess up Italian food.  And we love Argentinean and S. American influences.  Thanks for the rec!
    Michele

• We really enjoyed it.  It was practically empty on a Tuesday night, however. We stayed until 9 and we were definitely keeping them open.

The food was great -- desserts, not so good.

Michele

• I'm so relieved you liked the food!  Sorry about the desserts.  =(