Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AW: My boy is right with the Lord!

As my mom says, we got the devil out of him!  He was christened on Saturday with his cousin Luke and they were both so good!

He was totally fine when the water was being poured on his head, but started to meltdown after it was over, so we didn't get many pics.  They turned the a/c on but the church is so huge that it was just starting to get cool and it was over.  So he was tired and hot

The party afterwards at Currents ballroom at Adventure Aquarium was fantastic! (full disclosure - mr. eagles works there).  But everyone RAVED about the food and the shark tank.  All the kids were transfixed on it, they just stood there, stared and were all "oooooooooh, aaaaaaaah".

Charlie slept through most of the party, despite all the kids running around.  It was a great day!

DS 3.12.08
DD 7.11.09
DD 8.01.13

Re: AW: My boy is right with the Lord!

• glad it went well! i want to go to the aquarium for a party. post pics if you have any..

we had Jonathan's baptism yesterday and our church was hot as hell too. party went great and we had a fun dj that kep the kiddies entertained. little guy looked so cute adorned in white (ivory).. trying to load some pics now

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • congrats! and i also want to see pics from the aquarium. sounds awesome.
  • YAY! So glad it went well. I thought it was this past saturday and I was thinknig about you. I am glad ity all went well.

Can't wait to see some pics of Charlie!

• Congratulations!  Sounds like it was lovely!
  • Yes! and i need to see charlie soon. 

so glad to know that it went well! 

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • Sounds like a couple of great parties! Congrats Charlie and Jonathan!

image image
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • congrats to charlie and jonathan!! 

that's great that charlie was able to be baptized with his cousin! 

• Was it you that was having an issue with how to word the invites or something like that so that people didn't feel obligated to buy presents for both kids if they didn't know them?  If so, what did you end up doing?  How did it work out?
    agorabymiriam.etsy.com
  • Congrats on having a nice day, I need to get back over to the Aquarium sometime!
  • Pictures please!!!
  • how exciting! Congratulations!
  • Thanks ladies and congrats to Jonathan as well!

mirpete, yes that was me with the invites!  We just did one invite for everyone and let people do whatever. 

It was fine really - no one on mr. eagles' side of the family even gave Charlie a card (except for his dad) let alone a gift, so clearly Luke was not an issue

I have to go over my mom's and show her how to download pics to the computer ha ha!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13