Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My poor little Bubba

Is home sick today with Daddy. He has a little cough and a low-grade fever that started Saturday night. Sad

I called his daycare and another one of the little boys in his class had the exact same thing this weekend.

My poor little man - I miss him even more today then ususal!

image image
Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
imageimage

Re: My poor little Bubba

• Awww poor thing! At least he gets to stay home with Ryan.

Chase started the old/new babysitter today. I am nervous because he has been a PITA this past weekend. He refuses to nap then he gets all cranky and screams.

• Tam - you think its the 4 month wakeful period? Zach didn't really go through this but I always see a lot of posts about it on the 0-6mo board.

Is his rash/allergic reaction clearing up??

image image
    imageimage
  • poor zach Sad   atleast he can stay home with daddy.  hope he feels better!
  • He has been STTN, but just so crabby during the day. He is teething so that is a factor.

The rash is gone. I actually do believe that he might have exzema now because he has little dry patches near his knees and elbows. What can I say....My kid is high maintenance.

Do you think Zach caught something at daycare or is it maybe from the A/C. Chase is a little congested from the A/C. I get so hot and I think i freeze him like a popsicle. I am a bad mom.

• He's had several running noses since starting daycare and they have never bothered him, but what he has now is definately worse then that. Poor thing will cough an then let out like a on second whine/cry because I think it hurts him. Sad

My sis is a nurse and she checked him out yesterday and said she didn't think he was too bad and that he should be fine in a few days, I hope!

image image
    imageimage
  • Aww, poor little guy!  Atr least he gets to stay home with daddy!

Do you use a humidifier?  Charlie was a little stuffy early on and we bought one.

Do you guys believe in this 4 month wakeful period thing?  I have never, ever heard of this before the nest and frankly I think it is bs.  Meanwhile in two weeks I will probably be crying on here that my kid won't sleep

I am going to ask the pedi at his next appt.

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • colleen- i think the 4 month wakeful period is BS too.  i NEVER heard of it before the nest.  dd never went through this.  i think when babies wake up during the night it's for other stuff- they're hungry, their teeth are bothering them, etc.  maybe it's just me but i don't buy it- but that could be b/c i never went through it. 

crossing my fingers that i don't suddenly jinx myself and cause the 4 month wakeful period to become the 7 month wakeful period....