Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Another Chicago Marathon ?

I have another question for people who have previously run the Chicago Marathon... How was the start??  Was it slow, or were you able to run immediately after crossing the starting line?

I'm a little concerned because I'm in the "open" corral, and there was nothing in my participant guide about any organization within the open corral or any type of wave start.  I was planning to get there by 7:00am at the latest (7:30am start time).

Any advice?

Re: Another Chicago Marathon ?

• I ran it back in 2005....The start was pretty efficient that year.  I think it might have taken 5 minutes to get over the line.

I am not sure what your pace is, but the corral fills up pretty quickly.  If you are a back of the packer, 7a is fine.   But if you are more like 8-9 minute miles, I would get there a little before 7a.

Good luck!

• I've run it a few years now (and am doing it next week with you too!).  The open corral is labeled with finish times, so people *tend* to go near the appropriate time (know that some of the faster finishing pace groups only start in the corraled area). 

I would agree, if you like to run toward the front of the pack, get there a little earlier, but it is fairly easy to sneak into the open corral.  You'll see a ton of people jumping the fence to get in place without having to stand in the crowd for too long.

GL and have fun!
    Amanda

TTC #1 since 02/2010, BFP on 1/24/11, EDD 10/5/11

2011 Boston Marathon (4/18/11) @ 16 weeks
    Soldier Field 10 Miler (5/28/11) @ 22 weeks

BFP Chart @ Cycle #11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker