Green Living
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SORRY! Another BS shampoo/ACV rinse question

So, today is day 2 and I had to go home at lunch and put a cap on my head.  My scalp is MEGA greasy (I have very fine, thin hair) and the rest of my hair feels like hay. 

My question is, can I do 2 days BS/AVC rinse and 1 day or regualr shampoo or will that mess the entire cycle up?

I understand it can take 2 months+ before my hair adjusts to the new changes and I am willing to work through them, but would washing my hair once or twice a week with regular set me back to square one or just prolong the 2 month+ adjustment period?  (Hopefully that makes sense). 

Sometimes at work, I have meetings with important people and I can't show up with super greasy hair or a baseball cap.

P.S.  I have to wash my hair once a day because I work out everyday and I sweat like a pig.

Re: SORRY! Another BS shampoo/ACV rinse question

• I have only done the BS shampoo a few times, but the bar shampoo I am using is very similar and had an adjustment period.  I started out doing the bar two days and regular shampoo the third day and I think that it really sped up the adjustment process and my hair wasn't as gross.
  • did you wash it with BS this morning?  i have really thin straight hair too, and i wash it every other day, halfway through th second day it starts to look likeass.  i'm hoping it will gradually take longer between washing to be ok.
  • ok this exact thing was happening to me...here is what i discovered...

1. i was using way too much BS...i cut way down on it.

and 

2. do NOT pour the ACV over your entire head. start at about level with your ears and go from there down. let the ACV sit for a few minutes before rinsing it out.

also...do not use BS every day...if you really do have to wash your hair daily, then don't use BS. this is what i've been doing...get in the shower, wet it, and just kinda scrub anyway..i guarantee there will be some residual BS and it will help to clean the root areas up a little...then rinse and be done..or pour more ACV on the ends if they still feel like hay.

my hair was really feeling like hay and it sickened me out, but a combo of these tricks really helped me! HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Visit my blog about my family's experiments in eco-living
  • image daisygirl17:

1. i was using way too much BS...i cut way down on it.

and 

2. do NOT pour the ACV over your entire head. start at about level with your ears and go from there down. let the ACV sit for a few minutes before rinsing it out.

I agree with all of the above.  Especially the ACV part.  I found it made my hair greasy if I applied it all over my head. 

• I have only been using the ACV toward the tips of my hair bc I knew it got greasy quickly. 

I washed with regular shampoo this morning. 

I will alternate days and see if that helps.  Thanks ladies!!

• Great!  I will try that.  Thanks!