Politics & Current Events
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Interesting e-mail foward...

Don't forget to mark your calendars!  As you may already know, it is a sin for a Muslim male to see any other woman than his wife naked.  He must commit suicide if he does.  So next Saturday at 10 AM Eastern Time, all American women are asked to walk out of their house completely naked to help weed out any neighborhood terrorists.  Circling your block for one hour is recommended for this anti-terrorist effort.   All patriotic men are to position themselves in lawn chairs in front of their house to prove they are not Muslims and to demonstrate they think it is okay to see nude women other than their wife and to show support for all American women.  Since Islam also does not approve of alcohol, a cold 6-pack at your side is further proof of your anti-terrorist sentiment.  The American government appreciates your efforts to root out  terrorists and applauds your participation in this anti-terrorist activity.

God bless America!

It is your patriotic duty to pass this on.  If you don't send this to at least 5 people, you will be classified as a  terrorist-sympathizing, lily-livered coward and are in the position of posing as a national threat. Big brother is watching you!

At first I was like... Confused

But then I was like... Hmm

And now I'm like... Party!!!  Beer  

I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

Re: Interesting e-mail foward...

• that email was the proof that my father doesn't read anything before forwarding it to me.  when i read it to him he almost died.
    proof that i make babies. jack, grace, and ben, in no particular order
    image image image
  • I've seen this one before.  In fact my boss and a friend of hers actually got into a fight over this email.  He thought it was funny, she thought it was offensive (toward muslims, not toward women) and sent a nasty reply. 

He ended up sending her an edible arrangement apology.  It was awesome; I ate most of it because she had a cold and wasn't hungry.   I wish she would get pissed at her friends more often.  

• At 10 a.m. it's still a tad nipply outside...
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • It's offensive to Muslims and women.  The phrase "interesting email forward" never ends well. 
  • Well at 10am this saturday, I'll be at a tailgate surrounded by thousands of people. THAT could get interesting.....

But yeah, I've seen it before. If they were going for "offensive" and dumb, then they certainly managed to reach their goal.

• I actually see it satire---it's making fun of those idiots who send ridiculous forwards by saying, "Hey, if you're stupid enough to be a birther, maybe you'll be stupid enough to do this, too." Deconstructionist spam, perhaps?

...or just some wackado....

• image amanjay:

I actually see it satire---it's making fun of those idiots who send ridiculous forwards by saying, "Hey, if you're stupid enough to be a birther, maybe you'll be stupid enough to do this, too." Deconstructionist spam, perhaps?

OK, I thought it was just me.

I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.
  • image SIIHPAPP:
    image amanjay:

I actually see it satire---it's making fun of those idiots who send ridiculous forwards by saying, "Hey, if you're stupid enough to be a birther, maybe you'll be stupid enough to do this, too." Deconstructionist spam, perhaps?

OK, I thought it was just me.

I read it the same way.  I even thought about sending it to my bsc, email-forwarding wackado dad (then I decided I didn't want any email from me with the word "naked" in it.)

Anything you can achieve through hard work, you could also just buy.