Houston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Animal print at a wedding?

I'm not "in the know" when it comes to fashion, but I am more than slightly confused/appalled/turned off by Kobe Bryant's wife, Vanessa's, fashion choice for the Khloe Kardashian/Lamar Odom wedding on Sunday.

And I'm not sure if the cut-out on the shoulder makes the dress more or less tacky to me.  And check out the HUGE rock on her right hand.

Your thoughts? Am I old fashioned or is this poor fashion sense?

Re: Animal print at a wedding?

• What the Wilma Flintstone look doesn't do it for you?  Maybe she's wearing it as a Halloween costume too ;-)
  • for a karashian wedding, entirely appropriate. i don't see anything wrong with this for a fun, evening wedding. it's nms, but she looks good to me.

didn't he buy her that rock when he was caught cheating on her?

• No to animal print anywhere, on anyone.

And a rock that big is the only way I would have stayed married to him after the whole cheating-with-the-room-service-chick thing.

• I love animal print, and I love gargantuan jewelry, but even this is over the top for me.
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • you know... i don't think she looks bad at all.  people wear all kinds of giant patterned pieces to weddings.  why is leopard any different?
  • image rayskit10:

for a karashian wedding, entirely appropriate. i don't see anything wrong with this for a fun, evening wedding. it's nms, but she looks good to me.

didn't he buy her that rock when he was caught cheating on her?

yep ! oh and he bought her mom a hugeass  house too ;)

i think she looks beautiful

• I think she looks inappropriate for a wedding.
  • I am with Rayskit on this one.  It's a Kardashian wedding. Heck I am surprised the bridesmaids didnt where animal print micro dresses.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you. My Blog
  • Eh, it's Hollywood.  They like to wear inappropriate things all the time.  I wonder what Khloe wore.

And the big rock is her shut up ring when Kobe was busted for that whole incident.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! EDD 5/6/2013 (38 wks)
    Photobucket image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image rayskit10:

for a karashian wedding, entirely appropriate. i don't see anything wrong with this for a fun, evening wedding. it's nms, but she looks good to me.

agree!  seems perfect for Khloe's wedding!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image MrsNukem:

Eh, it's Hollywood.  They like to wear inappropriate things all the time.  I wonder what Khloe wore.

And the big rock is her shut up ring when Kobe was busted for that whole incident.

Vera Wang.  I actually think she looks gorgeous.  It looks like it was a classy wedding.

ok041_cover.jpg

• image ThatsMyGirl08:
    image MrsNukem:

Eh, it's Hollywood.  They like to wear inappropriate things all the time.  I wonder what Khloe wore.

Vera Wang.  I actually think she looks gorgeous.  It looks like it was a classy wedding.

ok041_cover.jpg

why is his face x'd out?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with Rayskit. It is totally appropriate for a wedding in La La land. Here no, it's a little too flashy. I think animal print is fine in very small doses, like shoes or a cute pillow.
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/ezoh9v.jpg[/IMG]
  • image camo_bride:
    image ThatsMyGirl08:
    image MrsNukem:

ok041_cover.jpg

why is his face x'd out?

because i pulled it off of perezhilton's website and you know how he is...

• I don't like Kobe's wifes dress..... just looks a little too flintstones to me...

about the wedding..... i give it 2 months!

• image ThatsMyGirl08:
    image camo_bride:
    image ThatsMyGirl08:
    image MrsNukem:

ok041_cover.jpg

why is his face x'd out?

because i pulled it off of perezhilton's website and you know how he is...

ooh, i thought thats what the mag really looked like.  hahahaha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • she is pretty and can pull of the dress...wouldn't be my top choice for a wedding, but she has an eccentric style, so I would expect nothing less of her.

PS- if my husband cheated on me, I'd expect a rock that big too! j/k

My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • It's not a real wedding!!!
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • the wedding is real, just the marriage isn't legal
  • image PAGAS:
    It's not a real wedding!!!

LOL.

• I don't see a problem with the dress for a "Kardashian" wedding.