Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Las Vegas

My DH and I are going to Vegas over Thanksgiving break, yay! We are staying at the Mandalay Bay hotel. We won't be gambling. We are interested in checking out some good celebrity chefs, fun night clubs, and a show. If anyone has any suggestions of places we should check out, let me know. Thanks!
[url=http://www.sarahbethbeauty.com/] Sarah Beth Beauty - Make-Up Artist
[/url]

Re: Las Vegas

• We just got back from Vegas on the 11th and stayed at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay!  We hardly left our hotel since there were so many excellent restaurants and things to do!

We went to Mix for our anniversary dinner and it was spectacular!!  Rumjungle was fun for happy hour or for after dinner cocktails.  I also loved Burger Bar in the Mandalay shops area.  Room service at the hotel is amazing.  Do try the omelets in the morning!  Skip the buffet - not many choices and not many healthy options.  Wolfgang puck has an italian restaurant (the name escapes me) and we were not that impressed.

Outside of that hotel, we ate at Margaritaville - just for snacks and some cold beers, a NYC inspired deli in NYNY that had the best sandwich I have ever had, the Rio seafood buffet was awesome and worth every penny.  We also ate at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grille at Caeser's Palace.  The food was awesome, but the service was awful - but, I think our experience was unique, as most people raved about the service (our server was nuts!).

• Go to the Dueling Pianos Bar at the NY, NY hotel. It's awesome!

Also if you are big sports fans like my husband is, go to the sports book at Mandalay to watch the football games. If you bet on the horse races once an hour, you get free drinks the entire time you are watching football. The horse races are super cheap too!

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2i1yu53.jpg[/IMG]
  • There is MIX lounge at THEhotel...I've heard it has an awesome view and it's cool. It's on my list to go to on my next trip (I say that every trip and never make it).

One of my favorite clubs on the Strip is JET at the Mirage. I have been three times now and everytime, it's so much fun. There are three rooms and I never have waited for than a minute or two for a drink at the bar. Tryst at the Wynn is really fun as well. Personally I wouldn't go back to TAO unless I had a table (only been once and had a table there) because it seems like a hot, crowded mess on the dance floor...but that is just me.

At MGM Grand, the Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill is nice for lunch, and there is Craftsteak for dinner or Joel Robouchon if you want something really nice.. Mon Ami Gabi is great for dinner as well, especially if you can sit outside on the patio. Not a celebrity chef restaurant, just a consistently good and moderately priced place to eat. Personally I wasn't blown away by Enoteca San Marco which is a Mario Batali restaruatn at Venetian. The restaurant that is at the top of my list to go to on my next trip is Daniel Boulud at the Wynn.

• TheHotel at Madalay Bay is one of my favorite hotels in Vegas. I like how much more quiet and peaceful it is than everywhere else.

I ditto the piano bar in NYNY, very fun place.

For shows-I love 'O' and Ka.

For lounge-y club areas, I like Tryst at the Wynn and Ghostbar at The Palms.?

I have always had a super fun time at Rain (the Palms) and Body English (the Hard Rock). Pure was so-so for me.?

• We had Thanksgiving dinner last year at Bouchon (Thomas Keller's restaurant) in the Venetian.  It was a fantastic meal.
  • My favorite restaurants are Craftsteak, Delmonico, Mesa Grill and BLT Burger...the last being the most casual.

Ditto "O" for the show- simply amazing. 

• I love Vegas!  My list of favorites is here.
    Blog:
    Blog: Eat, Drink and Run
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Last Race: California International Marathon - December 4, 2011 - 3:29:18, 7:59 pace
    Next Race: ARun for Young 5K - January 7, 2012