Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Triathlon-ers!

Registration for the new sprint tri in Columbia is now open!  Same course as the Iron Girl.  I'm almost positive that I'm going to sign up.  Now I just need to convince DH to do so as well!! http://www.tricolumbia.org/Sprint/

Re: Triathlon-ers!

• hmmmm......DH is trying to convince me to do a triatholon, but I don't even have a bike. ?He can't do it though, he sinks like a rock, poor DH, lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'll have to check it out, thanks! ?We have our last tri of the season next Sunday.?
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image mrsbecky07:
    hmmmm......DH is trying to convince me to do a triatholon, but I don't even have a bike.  He can't do it though, he sinks like a rock, poor DH, lol.

That's why my DH can't...he's rock solid and does not float well, ha!

I didn't have a bike either!  I just started "learning" how to ride a bike again in April and did the tri in August.  I borrowed a bike from a friend and that worked out really well. :)

• I am on the fence.  I tried to convince DH but he has the whole swimming problem too. 
  • I think this is the one Laura Cannon, the officiant that married us, was trying to convince me to do last Sat at a wedding we went to. I really want to get DH to do it with me! The only thing that worries me is weddings again, like this year, we have four next summer and I only know the date of one. If I register again and can't go I'm going to be so angry! Maybe it won't fill fast.
  • image MrsNDM:
    I think this is the one Laura Cannon, the officiant that married us, was trying to convince me to do last Sat at a wedding we went to. I really want to get DH to do it with me! The only thing that worries me is weddings again, like this year, we have four next summer and I only know the date of one. If I register again and can't go I'm going to be so angry! Maybe it won't fill fast.

I hear ya!  It's so far out so it's hard to register this early, but then you are screwed if you don't b/c it fills up fast!!

BTW, Laura is marrying my sister too.  I really like her! :)

• image ashnedh:

image mrsbecky07:
    hmmmm......DH is trying to convince me to do a triatholon, but I don't even have a bike. ?He can't do it though, he sinks like a rock, poor DH, lol.

I didn't have a bike either!? I just started "learning" how to ride a bike again in April and did the tri in August.? I borrowed a bike from a friend and that worked out really well. :)

lol I feel so bad for rich, he can run and he can bike, but he can't swim, its so pathetic. ?on the other hand, its the one athletic activity I do better than him, so I like that, hahahaha.

My mom has a bike.....like its nothing special, its just a basic bike, but maybe I could use that to get into it and then see if I like it and get a bottom-of-the-line bike in the spring.....?

The only reason I am actually considering it (since you know I am scared of open water) is because I have access to UMB's gym for the next year for free and they have a pool, so I kind of feel like I should take advantage of it while I can! ?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image mrsbecky07:
    image ashnedh:

image mrsbecky07:
    hmmmm......DH is trying to convince me to do a triatholon, but I don't even have a bike.  He can't do it though, he sinks like a rock, poor DH, lol.

I didn't have a bike either!  I just started "learning" how to ride a bike again in April and did the tri in August.  I borrowed a bike from a friend and that worked out really well. :)

lol I feel so bad for rich, he can run and he can bike, but he can't swim, its so pathetic.  on the other hand, its the one athletic activity I do better than him, so I like that, hahahaha.

My mom has a bike.....like its nothing special, its just a basic bike, but maybe I could use that to get into it and then see if I like it and get a bottom-of-the-line bike in the spring..... 

The only reason I am actually considering it (since you know I am scared of open water) is because I have access to UMB's gym for the next year for free and they have a pool, so I kind of feel like I should take advantage of it while I can!  

DH has been trying to "learn" to be a better swimmer but with little success.  He swims like 4 laps and is exhausted!  He's great on the bike and the run too, just like Rich.

Last night he told me to sign him up (though I couldn't tell if this was jokingly or seriously) so that he could beat me.  The sad thing is that even though I can probably swim it twice as fast as him, I'm pretty sure he would catch up to me by the bike/run!

• My DH actually got me into the tri. ?I'm a runner, he's a biker and neither of us were swimmers. ?We're both learning, and the two tris we did this year I beat him overall and in the swim. ?Well after the last one he said he'll beat me next time. ?We'll see in a week and a half. ?He started going to my interval running group, something I've been doing for over 2 years and he's never expressed an interest in. ?Now he's like, oh we can't do such and such on Wednesday because we have intervals. ?I love it.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers