Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Leaving for Montreal tomorrow - last minute tips?

My best friend and I are leaving for our 10th annual trip tomorrow, this year - MONTREAL! If you have any last minute tips, suggestions, eateries, let me know!

Thanks for all your help thus far.

Jen

SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!

Re: Leaving for Montreal tomorrow - last minute tips?

• Have fun, Montreal is beautiful and charming!  Make sure you try some "poutine," a popular local fries-gravy-cheese dish.  Mondo Fritz has some of the best sauce options, and they even do a vegetarian version.  Also try some red ale, which the city is known for.  If you can locate some Unibroue on draft, even better!

Are you staying in the old part of the city?  Walk everywhere and enjoy the scenery!  Visit Notre Dame and the Town Hall.  We loved Pointe-a-Calliere, the museum of archeology and history- there's a lot to see here including some video presentations and a huge archeology dig that makes up the entire basement. 

For nightlife, Crescent Street in the new part of the city and Saint-Laurent Boulevard are great.  If you will have a car, definitely drive out to L'Oratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal, but remember that it's not open very late at night.  The subway system is easy to use, and there is a huge underground shopping area.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Thank you so much. We're staying at the Omni Mont-Royal, we will have a car but prefer not to drive while we're there, we are big walkers anyway.

Thanks again!

Jen

SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!
  • Best smoked meat place ever (waited in line in the rain with others for 40 minutes which people said was a good day) - Chez Schwartz Charcuterie, 25 types of poutine at La Banquise and Basque tapas at Pintxot (reasonable prix fixe dinners).  Will require taking the train and some walking but all worth it.
  • I was there today on business and it was the first "chilly" day - a leather jacket was barely warm enough so pack a few sweaters and maybe gloves and a scarf just in case it gets any colder!