Houston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

healthy chicken/pork recipes?

I'm bored with our usual chicken and pork recipes.

Does anyone have any great healthy ones to share?

-Clare
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: healthy chicken/pork recipes?

• My go-to is a crock pot recipe.  And it's so easy that I wouldn't even call it a recipe. :-)

Chop celery & onion. Put in bottom of crock pot.
    Lay chicken breasts on top.
    Pour about 1/2 can of low fat chicken broth over.
    Sprinkle basil on top of chicken.
    Cook on high for 4 hours.

Delicious, juicy, low fat, simple!

• We made a really yummy pork chop crock pot meal this week.  You can make it healthier by leaving out the butter and using fat-free cream of chicken soup.

1 tbsp butter

1 tbsp olive oil

6 pork loin chops

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

1 can (4 oz) mushrooms, drained and chopped

1/4 cup dijon mustard

1/4 cup chicken broth

2 cloves garlic

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

6 red potatoes unpeeled, cut into thin slices

1 onion, sliced

1. Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Brown pork chops on both sides.  Set aside.

2. Combine soup, mushrooms, mustard, chicken broth, garlic, salt, basil, and pepper in slow cooker.  Add potatoes and onion, stir to coat.  Place pork chops on top of potato mixture.

3.  Cover.  Cook on Low 8 to 10 hours. 

• DH loves this recipe I found for chicken,

I dice up about 3 chicken breasts and just season it with s/p or Tony's cook on the stove then once the chicken is cooked add in a can of black beans can of corn and a can of rotel - we also sometimes add chopped onion let simmer for around 20 minutes and serve

We sometimes put cheese on top and I will use tortillas chips to dip in as well, its quick and easy and DH will make it and eat for lunch for a week

• This blog has several great recipes - also includes the nutritional info which is very convenient.

I made Baked Chicken Parmesan last week and it was great.

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers