Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BodyAttack

What is it like?  I read the lesmills Site and it basically just says aerobic training.  I have been doing Combat for a while (and love it) and might try Attack tonight.  Reviews?

Re: BodyAttack

• Its a kick butt cardio workout. A lot of jogging in place and jumping. There is a lower body and upper body track they use for a recovery period...it was really hard the first time i tried it. I had to use a lot of the modifications they showed. Other than that its a great way to burn lots of calories.
  • This class is offered at the gym I belong too. I haven't taken it yet.  I'll admit - I'm scared.  Wink I think it is going to be similar to a HEAT class I used to take at the  Y.  That class was all about endurance and drills. There were LOTS of jumping jacks, high knees, butt kicks, etc.  It was a great class -- tough, but a great class. 
  • Thanks ladies. I think I will stick w/Spin tonight... I did not bring the right bra w/me to do lots of jumping & running!  Another day Wink
  • Its a super sweaty cardio class and I agree with pp.  Its not like Combat - no kicking or punching.
  • Ditto pp.  It is a great cardio workout, but personally I think it hard on the knees and ankles.  I much prefer BodyCombat. 

• It'a a great workout, even more so than BodyCombat (and I LOVED that, sadly my new gym doesn't carry the Les Mills line of classes)...but watch what you eat beforehand.  I had gorged myself on Hershey Kisses instead of the apple I had packed as a snack...and almost threw up in the middle of class, which is not something I've ever come close to doing.  I definitely recommend it, but BodyAttack day is NOT a day to eat like crap! :P
  • image OSULori:
    It'a a great workout, even more so than BodyCombat (and I LOVED that, sadly my new gym doesn't carry the Les Mills line of classes)...but watch what you eat beforehand.  I had gorged myself on Hershey Kisses instead of the apple I had packed as a snack...and almost threw up in the middle of class, which is not something I've ever come close to doing.  I definitely recommend it, but BodyAttack day is NOT a day to eat like crap! :P

Hahaha oh no!  

I will prob stick w/Combat, Spin, Pilates, Flow, etc.  The instructor we like best for Combat kicks as_s and we get a great workout w/her.  I went to a class at a different time one day (different trainer) and was diasppointed [:/]  My body is not made for lots of jumping & running like it sounds like Attack has a lot of, haha.