Houston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekly KOTB

This is a check in for all those with KIDS on the brain. Here is the list (let me know if I put the wrong date, missed anyone, or need to add anyone?[email protected])

TTC: Quizzle, LonghornBabe, Mrsgil, MRSpenguin, Pooh5983, MrsCmx, Ryanfeltz, MrsBoochie, ImEBE, ChristiCat, mob102, MrsRJ, AggiesWife, alycedale, Mrs.AmandaMqn, Mrs.Husker, longhorngal, Txbootsy, Kimmer123, Tinybride

PREGNANT: lilycat (10/14), Kingwoodgal (twins-10/21), Mrs.KimiD (DS 10/24), Zangel (DD 10/26), AggieDee (DD 11/6), Cajun_gal (DS 11/21), princessmah (DD 11/30), Darva (12/11), AggieKristin (12/15), Kreeper (DS 12/13), anna_j (DS 12/20), BabyLoveTX (DD 12/23), Suzi-G- (DS 1/1), LisaK2b (DD 1/6), KNJepp (1/16), DuchessII81 (DD 2/3), Nicolejg2003, SigmundsGirl (3/2), missjake (3/4), Karey08, ala_1220 (3/8), DoraBride07 (3/12), ginanddavid, lilbitnmag (3/23), cali_girl9 (3/31), ashleve, JamicanBride, kt&Charles, Mrs.Weggy

HOUSTON NEST KIDS:

2005:  Kaden5/3 (Jen&Keith), John5/11 (mccornish), Samuel6/23 (Nanner), Lauren 6/30 (grtpyr2), Samuel7/14 (Febbride04), Elena8/24 (Nannan), Christopher8/25 (c&jk)

2006: Kendall4/13 (CallMeKel), Kohen5/11 (houstonkdw), Sarah6/3 (KKMMex), Robert6/20 (mccornish), Kathryn6/20 (MrsJJB), Cameron6/26 (Jennifer&Kevin), Kaitlyn7/18 (Darva),  Alexander8/29 (Kjr), Nathan 8/29 (txamu01), Ellarie9/17 (Ering22), Travis11/28 (Ashley0203), Joshua11/29 (charlotteL), Mia11/29 (M&M614), Addison12/8 (Aprilprincess),  Madeline12/21 (missjake)

2007: Madeline 1/4 (michellebelle),  Truitt 1/29 (rayskit), Lucas 1/31 (lilycat), Marisa 2/26 (KateAggie), Hannah 3/2 (Nanner), Emmy 3/2 (LisaK2b), Orion 3/16 (Savannah11),  Sarah 4/9 (retsub), Joseph 5/22 (MrsIMFun), Reagan 5/23 (cindyandscott), Isabelle 5/25 (G-Love), Kian 5/25 (abrook), Blake 7/8 (monkaloo), Connor 7/10 (chrisbride04), Michael 7/18 (ginanddavid),Avery 8/16 (TexasHarmony), Jakob 8/17 (Kitty1053), Victoria (Tori) 8/19 (FinallyKrisB),  Kaley 10/1 (AggieKristin), Madelyn 10/7 (Alisa1228),  Kamryn 12/5 (houstonkdw), Jackson 12/14 (AggieDee), Julia 12/14 (nanann), Amelia 12/18 (KelleyA),

2008: Esme 1/3 (danabelle), Dulcianna 1/4 (Annkiwi), Joseph 1/8 (MrsMGR), Luca 2/5 (Bpaullo), Natalie 2/12 (TexasSmith), Aidan 2/18 (Karey08), Elizabeth 2/23 (KKMMex), Charlotte 2/24 (ccc?swife), Aashna 3/2 (TXBELLA), Daniel 4/4 (longhorngal), Rena 4/17 (nvp), Cole 4/30 (MrsKHB), Reese 5/2 (Happy2bHopper), Grant 5/10 (Erika&Brian), Landon 6/19 (Swayntx), Rory 7/23 (melissa0312), Jacob 7/24 (Retsub), Isabella 7/28 (ThatsMyGirl), Chase 8/20 (ucalum93), Owen 8/29 (Mrs.Woods), Gabriel 9/11 (CharlotteL), Wyatt 9/14 (funnyvalentine), Anastasia 9/14 (Bin), Marion 9/18 (kat.in.the.hat), Cameron 9/30 (almond1123), Keegan 9/30 (MrsCoachG), Leah 10/9 (Weezers), Benjamin 10/21 (Jenna1008), William 11/7 (TexasPaige), Lucia 11/22 (Thumpofmyheart), Max 12/4 (Ering22), Aiden 12/10 (Lillybell2007),

2009: Grayden 1/19 (kimmer123), Micah 1/21 (M&M614), Foster 1/22 (KJR), Madison&Matthew 1/26 (pinaybabae), Logan 1/31 (Luckygirl07), Hannah 2/6 (Jennifer&Kevin), Abigail 2/11 (CindyandScott), Tracey 2/11 (melrrr), Sophia 2/25 (victoriatexasbd), Presley 3/16 (Sparkman-to-be), Zack 3/27 (Carebear01), Joseph 4/9 (TexasHarmony), Calla 4/21 (savannah11), Madeline 4/23(fay07), Kayleigh 4/23 (msbern), Lila 4/27 (bpaullo), Mathis 5/2 (rayskit), DS 5/4 (opallover), Jake 5/13 (jen&keith), Oliver 5/25 (SomethingChangd), Hailey 6/2 (AbbyMae),  Claire 7/2 (dlphlvr_25), Andrew 8/6 (pebblesjns), Matthew 8/12 (TexasAgMel), Tyler 8/12 (April16), Eileen 8/18 (kellynkyle)

Re: Weekly KOTB

• Belly taking over the world - CHECK!

Baby who has a favorite "side" of my belly to hang out on - CHECK!

Having the crap kicked out of my insides - CHECK!

Indigestion caused by anything and everthing (including peanut butter) - CHECK!

Nothing else too exciting to report.  Furniture is sitting in the gameroom upstairs.  Plans are to start painting this weekend.  My mom told me today that she and my dad will buy my glider, so that's awesome.  

Oh, and I go back to see the midwives again 2 weeks from Friday and have my GD test at that appointment.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So far so good this week.  The big ultrasound went well and she was measuring exactly to date.  I have an appt every two weeks now and so my next one is next Thursday.  I'm HOPING that it's uneventful!
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Finally got some felt-from-the-outside movement that J could feel. And then the other night, we saw a couple of kicks. That was loads of entertainment.

Our next appt is not for another 3 weeks but I'll be having the 1-hr GD test. I think we've finally decided that we won't be moving before Cupcake gets here so I'll start working the nursery in a couple of weeks - I'm retiring in 15 days (not that I'm counting or anything) and it's one of my top projects.

Good luck to everyone!

• He's not on the list but Cameron is a year old today!!!! 

Of course he has a doctors visit because daddy brought home nasty germs from school and he's sick.  Here's hoping it's not too serious.

And Happy bday to Keegan too!!!

• image almond1123:

He's not on the list but Cameron is a year old today!!!! 

Of course he has a doctors visit because daddy brought home nasty germs from school and he's sick.  Here's hoping it's not too serious.

And Happy bday to Keegan too!!!

Happy birthday, Cameron! 

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/fxqg3l.jpg[/IMG]
  • We're not on the list because I haven't been posting very long but can you add us? Leah was born 10/9/08.

We're getting ready for Leah's 1st birthday party next weekend. She's walking all over the place now and she can do it herself but she still likes to hold on to my finger.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image almond1123:
    He's not on the list but Cameron is a year old today!!!! 

I wasn't doing the list when Cameron was born, so thanks for letting me know so I can update it; I don't want that cutie-patootie left off the list!!Party!!! Weezers-- I added sweet Leah, too!

Eileen has officially STTN (5+ hours) for 1 week straight! Big SmileThe tradeoff is that she only takes 1 or 2 naps during the day and wants to be held most of the time.  I'm more than happy to oblige, especially since sleeping at night has made a world of difference for me & DH.   Also, I'm excited that she finally sat in a swing without screaming--there is hope it might happen again!image

• Tomorrow is Kaley's 2nd birthday. We had plans this weekend but things have had to be rearranged. Kaley didn't sleep at all last night. Hopefully whatever this was will pass soon. DH taught Kaley to say "I love you", now whenever I walk out of the room she yells "bye, I love you". It is so adorable.

I have another check up tomorrow with the OB. Hopefully I can get some questions answered before my OB disappears for her maternity leave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last week we painted the baby's room, it's gorgeous! Bought a dresser, set up the crib and dresser and DH built the extra shelving I wanted in the babe's closet -- so his room is coming right along!

We also learned over the weekend that Baby-G likes his daddy's voice, every time DH would talk for longer than a minute (like when he was reading something aloud to me) baby would kick like crazy and then stop when DH was quiet.  It was the sweetest thing EVER!  Big Smile

My shower is this weekend,  and I am SO excited!!!  (mostly just to see everyone, one of my bffs is flying in from Dallas on Saturday).

Good luck to all!!  

My big boy is bounding towards 3! Hoping to add a sibling. image Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Happy birthday keegan and cameron!  :) 

I cannot believe that MY baby is 2 years and 4 month's.  How did this happen?  

I took him to swim classes two weeks ago and then have been "practicing" with him every morning at the y before I go to work and him to school.  He is getting SOOO good at it.  This morning, he jumped off of the wall, turned around, grabbed the wall and pulled up.  I am just so proud.  and he's floating so much better.  We float around the pool and then I let go and he flips over, finds the wall and kicks to it and pulls up.  

He is talking a blue streak.  He is literally copying EVERYthing we say.  (good and bad, ha ha ha).  Today he was walking into the Y saying... "NO WAY".  ha ha ha!  too big, he is.  and just too cute.  (except when he's not, ha!)

good luck to those TTC and hope you new mama's are doing okay.  

• Well even though we have taken a break for like three months I still wanted to post here.  Smile

I am already feeling less stressed than I was when I was taking so much medication. 

Congratulations to all the new mothers and mommies-to-be.

Good luck to all TTCers!

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Joe is fantastic!!! He is starting to string sentences together. The other day I walked out of the room and he was apparently following me and he yelled "Where are you, Mommy?" It stopped me in my tracks! A FOUR WORD sentence!!!! He has been said things like "I got it!" or "I missed!" when shooting hoops and "There he is!" and "More juice please" but FOUR WORDS!!! Ha....the weird and simple joys of motherhood.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Happy birthday Keegan and Cameron.

MOB....hang in there.

Kelly...I am super jealous that your baby sleeps that long into the night! Tyler is still only sleeping 3 -3 1/2 hours at the most. Hopefully that will change in the next few weeks before I go back to work!

Tyler is growing like crazy and has started cooing up a storm and smiling like crazy.

He is still eating like a champ. I decided to start pumping exclusively along with still giving him formula when I can.

He is refusing to feed from me and after many hours of crying on both of our parts then I decided it is best for both of us to do it this way.

We have his 2 month check-up week after next for his shots.

• Reagan is really missing her Uncle. He was here all weekend and she asks for him daily. I'm not sure that I have ever seen her as upset when he left Monday morning. She keeps asking for Egg (Craig).

Abby is still pretty much refusing to eat baby food. It's pretty frustrating. On Friday we are going to move her from the pnp to her room. I'm sure it will make for a fun weekend. Next step will be to work on geting rid of the swaddle. 

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started on the closet in the nursery this past weekend and it went really well.  We got it framed and hung drywall.  I plan to update with pics in my blog tonight.  This weekend we're hoping to mud, texture and paint everything.  I picked out colors and really like them and we also plan to hang a chair rail.

Like KNJepp said - this kid has found 1 spot he likes.  He'll take what I assume is a foot and stretch out against my right side.  The spot is acually sore from him doing that all day.  I push back because if not I have to sit leaned over at my desk.  My sister said she just hopes it is not the soft spot on his head!

Also, after a lesson a bunko this week I decided that I should probably start reading some books about what happens after the baby is born.  Stick out tongue  And I made a menu of stuff I'm going to make ahead of time and freeze.

• my sweet little boy...

is now wearing deodorant and using axe "dark temptation" body wash.

AAAAAAAAAAAACK! 

• image 04JaxBride:

my sweet little boy...

is now wearing deodorant and using axe "dark temptation" body wash.

AAAAAAAAAAAACK! 

hahahaha

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Avery is just Avery.  Chatting away and into everything.  Potty training has started at the request of daycare.  She rips off her pull-up the second she pees or poops in it, but she won't tell us she needs to go.  She doesn't stop talking.  Ever.  We have taken to practicing the states before we go so sleep because I figure it will wear her out.

Joseph is doing much better following the ER visit over the weekend.  I swear he is trying to crawl.  He is constantly up on all 4s doing the rocking thing.  

GL to all the TTCers and Happy Birthday to Cameron and Keegan!

• Gabriel has had a big week.  He has completely weened himself and has voluntarily started walking.  Before he could do it but I had to trick him.  He even chases Joshua. 

Joshua is just wonderful.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Things are great for me!  Feeling good and still have energy to get things done although I do get around a little more slowly than before.  We did our 3D ultrasound today which was amazing.  I am so glad that we decided to do it!  It made everything feel more real because I could actually see her more clearly.

Nursery furniture is being delivered tonight so by the weekend, the nursery will be close to being finished.  Just need to hang some things on the wall and get a few accessories.Been reading my books about taking care of baby and I am excited, scared and overwhelmed all at once.

Lilycat-I still can't believe you are next in line!!

• image april16:

Kelly...I am super jealous that your baby sleeps that long into the night! Tyler is still only sleeping 3 -3 1/2 hours at the most. Hopefully that will change in the next few weeks before I go back to work!

Oh my I'm jealous too. Matt didn't sleep between midnight and 6am at all..he just wanted to play. I have a hard time keeping him awake during the day.

I messed up his sleep stretches with the crib transitioning, so he's getting me back now...

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image kreeper611:

Like KNJepp said - this kid has found 1 spot he likes.  He'll take what I assume is a foot and stretch out against my right side.  The spot is acually sore from him doing that all day.  I push back because if not I have to sit leaned over at my desk.  My sister said she just hopes it is not the soft spot on his head!

This makes me feel so much better/less crazy about wondering if the bruised-feeling spot I had on my left side last week was from Hungry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy birthday Keegan and Cameron!! 

Kelly, I thought my kid was the only one who hated the swing at first. Glad she's doing better in it and so happy to hear she's sleeping through already.

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • We're having a girl and we've decided to name her our first pick even though that is my cousin's baby's name as well. We got their blessing and we're spelling the name differently. And I love that I get to name my little girl the name I picked when I was 12. YAY!