Green Living
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WDYT of this website? www.gaiam.com

I have ordered from them in the past and they email me coupon codes sometimes.

Re: WDYT of this website? www.gaiam.com

• I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc. 
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was an
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was an items
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was an item I
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was an item
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was an item I had
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was an item I had ordered but
  • I have ordered some things from them before, .  They have some good practical items that come in handy - composters, ziplock drying rack, etc.  my only complaint was an item I had ordered
  • Geez, sorry about that - apparently I felt what I had to say was REALLY important.  I was trying to add that my only complaint was an item I'd ordered that I didn't use right away and I waited too long to return it (the smart strip power strip). 

• I have used them before and I liked them.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • I love their organic thirsty towels (I think that's what they're called--they're organic cotton w/ eco-friendly dyes). They're absolutely fabulous.

Some of the stuff on the site (dvds especially, or basic yoga mats) has little to nothing to do with being green. But I've never had any problems with their customer service, and I love that they ship in boxes that say "ugly boxes save trees."

Mother's Day, 2011
  • I like Rodney Yee, and he sells his yoga stuff via gaiam. That's the extent of my knowledge.
  • image uncannycanuck:
    I like Rodney Yee, and he sells his yoga stuff via gaiam. That's the extent of my knowledge.

Ha, mine too! I didn't know it went beyond yoga.
    Rodney Yee rocks.

• I like Gaiam, they seem to be honest about items they sell.  They have a few things that are not the most EF, but they're upfront about it.  Their CS is great about answering questions.  In general I really like them, but sometimes I can find the exact same product they're selling cheaper if I shop around. 

On a side note, I recently found out that Gaiam was created by the same guy that created the last company I worked for.  I had no idea!  I used to work for an office supply company that he created as a means of getting recycled paper and such.  

• I've ordered yoga videos (Rodney Yee is a favourite of mine, also) and organic cotton yoga clothes. I think DH has gotten some gadgets there, but I can't remember what.

If you want more than just towels, clothes, and videos, check out their Real Goods catalog. It offers everything from dryer balls to solar panels to composting toilets.