Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Amazing Race - lying?

Why would you lie to the group and then tell someone you lied?

Like say you were poker players and then told everyone you worked with the homeless - why give up the lie so quick? Don't you know it will spread around?

Thats what I don't understand.

Re: Amazing Race - lying?

• I missed that part, but did they give up the lie, or did they give it up because they got caught??   Either way, I hope they get eliminated soon!   I'm wondering just how "rich" they are, because they keep claiming that they're "successful" poker players!
  • I think the only reason they came out with the truth is because they got caught by that fan at the airport.

Here are their career earnings according to wikipedia:

Maria - $340,000 since 2002, so that puts her at making approx $48k a year

Tiffany - $350,000, it didn't say when she started playing, but it seems as if she's been playing for a shorter amount of time than Maria

• image ritzgirl34:

I think the only reason they came out with the truth is because they got caught by that fan at the airport.

Here are their career earnings according to wikipedia:

Maria - $340,000 since 2002, so that puts her at making approx $48k a year

Tiffany - $350,000, it didn't say when she started playing, but it seems as if she's been playing for a shorter amount of time than Maria

Tiffany Michelle made $334K in the 2008 World Series alone.  I'm not sure if this is accurate (then again, it only includes 'live' poker earnings...she could be earning $$$ in online tournaments).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • I think the fan spoiled their lie but I don't think everyone knows that it's a lie at this point.  The brothers found out but I don't think Zev (and his friend) knew yet.

I don't like the girls already. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I thought it was pretty stupid to make up a lie like that!  Of course they got found out and quickly went from the hot girls that work with homeless kids to the sharks that lie about helping homeless kids- that gives everyone an even bigger reason to hate them.

• I really wanted to like these two but they are making it so hard!  If I were them and had gotten caught I'd have said that, yes, I am a poker player but I also work with homeless kids :-).
  • Yeah, I want them gone.  Lying about helping homeless people?  And like PP said, it doesn't seem that most of the teams know about the lie yet, but it will be out soon.

These two and Lance from Boston (as an attorney from Boston, I'm offended!) need to go!  I hope the Globetrotters say around for a while, I like hearing the themesong :)

• personally their reasoning for the lie was stupid but even more of a reason for the other teams to not help them out now.

Out of the two teams that may not necessarily "need" the prize money at least the Globetrotters have kept their integrity.

It is too early for me to pick a favorite team just yet but so far I am liking the Globetrotters and really dislike the poker players.

::Blog:: ::NOTD Schedule::
    ::GP Nesties FAQ:: ::My BFP Chart::

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Sarah has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
    hide
    "I won't sugarcoat the truth just so you can swallow it without the pain"
  • They got caught. At the airport in Tokyo a local man recognized them from the poker circuit and asked if they were poker players and they said they were. One of the other contestants overheard this and told everyone else.
  • image Moneypenny424:

Yeah, I want them gone.  Lying about helping homeless people?  And like PP said, it doesn't seem that most of the teams know about the lie yet, but it will be out soon.

These two and Lance from Boston (as an attorney from Boston, I'm offended!) need to go!  I hope the Globetrotters say around for a while, I like hearing the themesong :)

I so agree about Lance. No way he's a lawyer, unless he's like My Cousin Vinnie. I thought he was a d!ck even before he was blaming his gf for not realizing the clue to the license plate challenge was on the paper. What's with the armband?

I like the Globetrotters and the Miss America couple. The brothers seem ok and I'm not sure how I feel about Zev and the other guy. It seems that Zev will have some funny things happen or say funny things but his comments and reactions caused by his condition may wind up becoming old.

• Was it my imagination but did the gay brothers stay friends with them? I can't remember but I think they helped them get on the bus in Vietnam even after they found out about the lie.
  • I like the country singer christian with the really pretty girlfriend. The one who was scared of the water. Not sure why I like them but I do.

The only ones I don't like are the poker players.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Kris&Jay08:

I like the country singer christian with the really pretty girlfriend. The one who was scared of the water. Not sure why I like them but I do.

I like them, too, except the girl seems a little prissy to me.  Plus, I feel bad that he is 'sexually pure' but he has a drop-dead gorgeous GF that runs in tiny shorts and a sports bra, which has to be super tempting for the guy!  :)

• I can't stand them.
  • I might not have seen them get caught. Maybe I should rewind my dvr. I know the globetrotters know now too. Did the boys tell them?
  • I'm glad they got caught and hope Karma comes back around and bites them in the butt. As someone who used to work for a non-profit I think it sucks to use something that is doing good for others to get yourself ahead.  Plus they're annoying.

• I like them, too, except the girl seems a little prissy to me.  Plus, I feel bad that he is 'sexually pure' but he has a drop-dead gorgeous GF that runs in tiny shorts and a sports bra, which has to be super tempting for the guy!  :)

this

• image Kris&Jay08:

I like the country singer christian with the really pretty girlfriend. The one who was scared of the water. Not sure why I like them but I do.

I really like them too.  I also like the other couple that is dating - Meghan and Cheyne.  I missed half of the introductions of the players.  I need to go back and read.  I didn't know he was a country singer.  I can't stand the poker players!!!  I didn't like them when they started arguing as they were getting on the tram.  It's only the first leg and they already "can't stand each other."

image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you get caught lying, the best thing to do is just to 'fess up.  I don't see how they could've continued the charade after a fan revealed them at the airport.