Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Inexpensive flights to US??

Hi there,

H and I have been living in Canada (Calgary) for almost a year now for his job and I just recently discovered this board!

We love lots of things about living here, but the expensive flights home to the US are not among them - any tips for finding bargains? We are trying to get to Nashville, TN for Christmas.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

Re: Inexpensive flights to US??

• I use selloffvacations.com and the affiliated "discount flights" (you have to click the link on the page) because they search multiple airlines to find the best deal.

I don't know specifically about flights between Calgary and Nashville though. It seems like a Country & Western airline must fly between there (just jokes!!) good luck!! I'm actually in the process of finding flights from Toronto to Calgary at Xmas!!

• Hi there!
    I am also from the US (Ohio) and living in Calgary! It is definitely hard to get cheap flights. Usually we fly to Hamilton or London (Westjet often has good seat sales) and rent a car and drive down. I know that is extra money for renting a car and extra driving, but cheaper than paying an arm and a leg for a direct flight.

Or another option, you can grab a flight to Phoenix....I know Westjet just had a $99 seat sale...and then catch a connecting Southwest flight to TN.

Hope that helps

• image calgary_wife:

Or another option, you can grab a flight to Phoenix....I know Westjet just had a $99 seat sale...and then catch a connecting Southwest flight to TN.

This was going to be my suggestion.

• This is going to sound bad but a good way of getting cheap flights down to the states is by booking through American websites like travelocity etc.  You will have to get family to book the flights for you using an American credit card but the flights are cheaper.  I hope this makes sense...
  • Thanks for the great ideas! I hadn't even thought of catching a Southwest flight from Phoenix ... will look into all of these options for sure!